Chapter 18

I run as fast as I can and make a turn into the alley to hide. There's a spot between some dumpsters so I get Emma Decody in that spot so the people with the cameras don't find her and take pictures with her. She can't breathe really well and we've been running for a while. Once I know she's in the spot I try to fit into it with her and help her to breathe because she's really loud when she can't and she's trying hard so the camera people will hear it and find us and take more pictures. We wait a while to make sure the coast is clear so we don't get caught again. After maybe ten or twenty minutes everything gets really quiet so I peek out and nobody's around. So we get out of our spot slowly and then run to Emma's place, which is on the way to my house. It doesn't take long and we make it to the front door of her apartment.

"Joey, t-thank-you. For helping me," she says.

"Yeah, no problem. Are you gonna be okay?"

"Yeah. What about you and your eye," she asks. She points at it and it kinda hurts when she touches the park of my cheek that's under it.

"I'll be fine," I say. "You should get inside, it's dark and it's cold."

"Okay," she whispers. She's smiling a little too I don't really know why. But I just ignore it and watch her walk inside and then I run home.

*****************************************************************************************************

After a long, emotional, and need I say spicy and passionate interaction in the bathroom with Taylor, we talk a little more. We both kind of had our cry and held each other and talked about our feelings and confessed our love that we still have for each other and then we cried again. We're thinking about maybe even seeing each other again and see if it can work but not just yet. For now, the priority is getting him out of here without the kids seeing because if they do they'll question why we were in the bathroom at the same time in the first place. I peek through the door slowly and get a good glimpse of the living room. Ava's still sound asleep and Joey's not home yet. It's perfect. We tiptoe together out the bathroom and to the front immediately. Taylor opens the door and we both walk out into the hallway of the building, closing the door behind us.

"So how long do you wanna wait for ... you know," he asks me. It makes me giggle that he's kinda scared to say it.

"You don't need to be afraid to say it Tay, seeing each other." He laughs.

"Yeah. Seeing each other. Well... I'd need time to get rid of Amy first and make sure she's gone."

"Yeah, definitely. For that, take all the time you need."

Tay looks at me quizzically. "You sure?"

"Yeah. We've been apart three years we can wait a little while longer." He chuckles and gives me a quick kiss.

"Well, how about we see how things go by Christmas? It's only like a week away and we'll both be with the kids that day anyhow so we can talk about it then."

"Okay," I answer softly, with a smile. I watch him smile back, his two front teeth poking out before leaning in closer. I close my eyes and feel his lips on mine again. I enjoy the feeling I've missed so much in the last three years. I can feel his lips curving into a smile again against mine, making me do the same as we stay connected like this for a while.

Out of nowhere we hear the elevator doors opening which means we immediately have to break the kiss. We end up just staring at each other for a second until we realize there are footsteps coming toward us.

"Mom? Dad?"

The two of us turn around and find our son. But that's not even the surprise. I gasp and almost break down in tears when I see his face, with that huge purple and yellow bruise over and around his left eye. It almost covers his whole cheek for how bad it is and it's so swollen, it's almost like a golf ball and his pants are all torn with scrapes along his legs.

Behind Closed Doors (A Tayga Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें