Make Me [Man x Boy] (Chapter 9)

Chapter Nine

Over the next few days, things were kind of busy.

Jackson seemed to have either forgotten or simply got over what his brother said to him. I didn't bother asking, or reminding, him since the last thing I wanted to do was upset him or make him have any doubts.

After he came home, we just lazed around the apartment together. The most we did was shower and the dishes, while Donna reappeared again at some point in the late afternoon to feed us.

Again, we fell asleep on the couch after watching a couple movies that he insisted I needed to see. I, of course, didn't complain since I didn't mind watching movies with him. They gave us something to do together, since I figured we didn't have much in common, and it updated me on pop culture things I should have probably known better than him.

Oops.

The day after, my clothes came in and Jackson decided for us to just 'pick them up'. I say it like this, because Keith did pretty much all of the lifting along with one of Luke's assistants. Once they were all packed into the trunk of the car, Jackson had Keith drop us off at a fancy place for brunch, then sent his butler off to put away the clothes. He ordered them to be put in one of his closets, and I didn't even think to argue otherwise.

I had a feeling we wouldn't be sleeping on the couch anymore since once my clothes would be put in, it would be like we were sharing a room. If we would already be sharing wardrobe space, I couldn't see why we would continue to sleep on the couch when his bed would be open and empty.

After brunch, we went and saw my doctor who finally got test results back. Again, nothing was seemingly wrong with me. I hadn't expected anything to be wrong in the first place, although I was a little sore after being poked at with shots. Then there was Jackson, who admitted afterwards he had some concerns after I had mentioned to him that my mother had been a prostitute. I had half the mind to smack him after he admitted that one to me, but I simply glared at him until he eased it away with kisses.

For the remainder of the day, my dominant spent the day making phone calls and trying to find me a tutor. It took forever until he found one suitable for his tastes, and then it took another couple hours of the day before he ordered whatever school supplies I'd need.

The idea of school made me retch, so Jackson tried to shut me up by handing me a tablet and telling me to buy anything I wanted for entertainment.

Honestly, I had no idea what to buy.

My mother tried to give me a decent life, I liked to think, when she was still alive. I had been pretty young, so I can't say for certain my thoughts are real or just something I tried to tell myself so the past wouldn't seem so bad. She was only a whore though, so it wasn't like I was a spoiled child. I know I was lucky for every meal I got, and on really special occasions, I can remember that she would rent a Disney movie for us to watch together.

She died when I was only thirteen, when I had just started getting in trouble.

After that, I was shipped off for my uncle to deal with. Things hadn't been as bad as when I lived with my mother while I lived with him, because at least the bills were always paid for and I was fed. But there was absolutely no love, and that made all the difference when you were an already lonely teenage boy who had just lost his mother. I didn't ever ask for much, and the the most I had was a backpack, bed, and clothes. Those were the only things I ever truly asked for in the entire time I had spent there. It had always been obvious to me that I was nothing but a burden to him, even if he never said or openly acted like it.

You didn't need to be told you were hated to know that you were.

I never knew what I had done to make him dislike me so much, but I never bothered to ask either. I always had tip toed around him, and I guess at some point it had just became so natural I didn't find it to be anything but normal.