Freedom.

I groaned in agony as he kicked me hard in the chest with his steel toe boots. This is where my plan came in. Even though I was in extreme pain and I wanted to scream, I pretended to die. Meaning holding my breath, closing my eyes, and letting all my limbs go loose. I knew he was stupid enough not to know how to check if my heart was still beating so this was my best chance at getting away. The kicking stopped. He noticed. I felt the bed move and his hand run over my stomach. 

"No, no, no, no!" He screamed, almost making me jump. I pushed myself to stay still. He pushed down on my chest making me want to cough but I held it in. Holding my breath was harder than I thought it would be. "Wake up!" he began to cry... Why was he crying? I thought I was just a toy... I mean he beat me like one. He rested his head on my stomach for a few seconds then sat up again. 

One

Two

Three

pounds to the chest. It ached so bad. I wanted to cry. I couldn't move, or make any sounds. I got in a short breath without him noticing but that was what I had to go one. Could I even make this... Would I be able to do this and get away. I prayed I could. I felt him rip the chains off of my hands, then my feet. Next thing I knew, he gripped my wrist tight and ripped me from the bed. My body smacked the cold cement floor so hard I almost whimpered. "I can do this." I kept thinking to myself. "I'll get out." 

He began to drag me across the floor. I opened my eyes and looked around. He was dragging me toward the stairs... When we reached the bottom He turned and bent down, causing me to slam my eyes shut. He lifted me up and threw me over his shoulder... by my leg. I could have swore my leg was seconds away from breaking when He dumped me on his living room couch. Ah... something comfy... I would get out of this. I almost smiled. Knowing I would be out of this place and somewhere safe, with warm clothes on, food, water, and maybe even a bed, gave me this sort of joy inside. I was so close. I can do this. 

Minutes later he came back and wrapped my entire body in a white sheet. I could open my eyes now. I was thrown in the back of a pick up truck, I cold breath now. He ripped the part of the sheet where my face was, so I closed my eyes again. He planted a kiss on my lips, I almost gagged. The truck started and I could feel the wind on my face. I'm almost there. I opened my eyes and looked at the beautiful sky that I haven't seen in God knows how long. We were in the middle of the woods, so the smell of fall hit my nose, the breeze was cool and felt amazing against my skin, even if it was cold. The truck stopped... I took one last look at the sky and closed my eyes again. 

I was dumped out of the truck and dragged across the ground, at least now with the sheet, I had some cushion. I felt myself get lifted off the ground... "Oh boy.." I thought before the pressure of his hands was gone. I smacked the ground so hard my ribs cracked. I kept in my whimpers until I couldn't hear the truck anymore. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was alone. I sat up and began crying, not just out of pain, but out of joy. I was finally free. I unraveled my self from the sheet and froze. The light coming through the trees was good enough for me to see myself. My legs were cut, bruised, and burned. Along with my arms. I was naked but since I was now alone, I was okay with that. I reached my left hand up to see why it was stinging so much. My mouth opened slightly and my eyes widened. He burned my hand with his initials and the date I was kidnapped... I just wasn't able to see it in the dark...
(Picture at the top.)

I shook it off. I had to get away from here now. I stood up and took a deep breath. I haven't stood in so long that it felt strange to be on my own feet. I moved my matted hair out of my face and picked up the sheet. I was free, and finally I could run, and run, until I was certain I was safe. So how I began running away from this terrible nightmare I endured, 

was my first step to freedom.