Bot Fights

Hiro x Reader
-
It was dark and quite stormy outside. Lightning occasionally struck, lighting up the black sky.

You were out at your usual weekend bot fights, winning the majority of the time. As you placed your money in the dish, about thirty dollars, a challenger approached.

A boy just older than yourself smirked as he took his seat after paying. He had messy black hair, a red shirt, a blue hoodie, jeans, and a pair of sneakers.

The fight began. The two bots came to life, the boy's wobbling forward. Almost instantly, it fell apart. You tried not to laugh, covering your mouth with one hand.

The bot then rolled across the ring, attacking your bot. You tried to stop it, but your bot fell to the ground, lifeless once more.

"W-wha...?" You stared down, surprised. "I-I want a rematch!"

The boy cracked his knuckles. "Alright, but no pay. Let's make a deal."

You raised an eyebrow. "Alright...?"

"If I win, I get your bot." The boy smiled strangely, eying your robot.

"And if I win... I get your number." You laugh quietly, joking. You knew there was no possible way to win.

The second fight began. You used your toggle to move your bot around. A small stick emerged from your bot. It sparked, and in almost a split-second, it zapped your opponent's bot. It fell apart, not moving.

"I... I won!" You leaped up, pumping your fist in the air. "Oh, wait, I won... So you have to give me your number." Your face turned a light shade of red as you blushed.

He pulled out a piece of paper and scribbled it down. "I'm Hiro Hamada, by the way."

"I'm (y/n)," you reply, triumphantly.

Afterwards, you ride to a place that was called the Lucky Cat Cafe. It was small and quaint, but just big enough for your liking.

Hiro hurried downstairs, a huge smile on his face. "I'm glad you could make it, (y/n)." The boy sat beside you.

Your hair was now in a sloppy ponytail. It was something you did when you ate because you hated getting your hair in the food.

"Well I wanted to come anyways, I've finally met my match in bot fighting."

Hiro laughed, leaning forward slightly. That was something so strange but cute about him- his attitude could change at any time.

Your blushed barely before re you shook the thought from your mind. "So, um, how'd you get into bot fighting?"

"Well..." Hiro chuckled. "I graduated from high school less than a year ago. I love building robots. It's kinda like my job, bot fighting. But I mean, I made a ton of cash." He patted his pocket.

You shook your head, laughing as well. A moment later, Aunt Cass brought two plates of food. It smelled delicious, and you immediately began eating.

You were the first to run out of food. You turned to look at Hiro. "That was amazing!"

He nodded in agreement, wiping his face with a napkin. "Oh, you have some sauce on your face." Hiro used his thumb to wipe it from your face, and he smiled.

You stared at him for a few long moments, your gaze not breaking. You leaned in barely but stopped yourself. "I, should... Get going. My parents are probably worried."

Hiro blushed and stood up, holding out his hand. "Do you want me to walk you home?"

"You'd do that?" A smile spread across your face. "Alright."

You both walked home, laughing and talking. It took just over half an hour before you got to your front door.

"I had an awesome time hanging out with you," Hiro grinned.

"Yeah, same to you." You gently tucked your hair behind your ear.

"I'll, er, see you later...?"

"Sure." You turned to knock on the door, but Hiro grabbed your shoulder.

"Oh... (y/n), one more thing."

Hiro held onto your face barely with one hand and softly kissed your lips. It lasted for just under five seconds.

Your face turned dark red and you opened the front door. "Goodnight, Hiro."

"Goodnight."