Chapter 7

The look on the doctors face was priceless. He looked at his papers again, and back up at the girls. The hospital room was painted in a blinding shade of white, with posters of encouragement hung around the room. The beds were stiff and smelled of old people. Piper wondered what was going through her sisters mind. The word still sounded so foreign to her, she wasn't used to having a family.The doctor finally spoke. "Okay, can I see miss Piper Rockwell, please? Piper stood up, and the doctor gestured for her to follow. She glanced back at Peyton before leaving the small room.They walked next door to another small room, and Piper sat on the bed. It didn't even move under her weight. The doctor left for a few minutes, and returned with some papers. "So, I just looked at your most recent X-rays, and compared to the other ones, you seem to be healing perfectly. Your ribs have healed well. Are there any concerns or questions you have for me, Piper? He asked. Piper looked at the ground, and then looked at the doctor. "I do feel a lot better, but every once in a while my ribs are sore and it hurts to move." Piper answered. The doctor looked at his notes, and wrote something down. "Well you were in pretty rough shape when we saw you, but you have come a long way since then, I will prescribe you something for the pain. You just have to take this when the pain comes, not daily." he said handing her a prescription. Piper thanked the doctor and walked out of the room, passing Peyton's room on the way. She was going to wait for Peyton in the waiting room. As she walked by her sister called out to her. "Wait!" her sister cried. "Where are you going? How will I find you again if you just leave? Piper smiled and pushed her hair behind her ears. "I was just going to wait in the waiting room, I wasn't going to leave." Piper replied. A young girl and her father walked past her in the hall. Peyton looked embarrassed and smiled. She said okay and waved to Piper.

 ____________________ 

 Peyton looked at her daughter and kissed her head, waiting for the doctor. She couldn't believe what happened in the past 30 minutes, her entire world was flipped upside down. She had a sister, someone who was biologically related to her. She had so many questions for her. But they would have to wait. The doctor walked in. He looked exhausted, he looked at her chart and with a big sigh asked what they were here for. "I wanted to bring Charlie in for a check up, she has been coughing a lot lately and her fever has been coming and going, and she wont sleep by herself anymore, she only sleeps when I am holding her." Peyton said. She laid Charlie down on the bed. The doctor checked her throat and felt her forehead. "She does feel a bit warm, and her throat looks a little red, ill give you a prescription for her, and if you give it to her every night before bed until it goes away, she should be better in no time, as far as the not sleeping by herself thing, it might just be because she doesn't feel good and she needs the comfort, if she is still not sleeping by herself after the medication is gone, bring her back in and we will take another look at her." he said. Peyton thanked him, and picked Charlie up grabbing her bag and walking out to the waiting room where Piper was waiting. Peyton was so happy that she met Piper, happy that she had family, family that Charlie would be able to grow up knowing. Peyton would finally be able to meet her real mother.