4

A few days had past and Michael and I started to become closer.
"How about you c-come over t-today?" I suggested.
"Sure." He smiled.
"You can meet m-my m-mom." I said.
"Sounds okay. I'm not really good around parents." He laughed.
"W-what do you m-mean?" I giggled.
"I just usually always mess up." He said.
"I'm s-sure she will l-love you." I reassured him.
"Okay." He smiled.
"Just find me at the end o-of the day and I'll d-drive us over."
"Okay." He smiled again and the bell rang signaling it was time for the last class if the day.

- - - - - -

It was the end of the day after the boring last class I had. I was waiting for Michael when Vanessa ran in.
"What are you doing?! Let's go!" She yelled.
"M-Michael I-is..."
"For god's sake freak spit it out!" She yelled louder.
"Michael i-is coming o-o-over." I said.
"Well where is he?" She asked.
"I-if I knew we w-would be l-leaving Vanessa." I said.
She pushed me into the lockers and pinned me. This caught attention from a few people.
"Don't smart off to me freak." She growled.
"Let her go." Michael said as he walked up.
"It's about time you showed up." She said letting me go and starting on him.
"I had to stay after." He said to me.
We walked to the car and I noticed Michael kept sneaking glances at me. He climbed in the back and sat quietly. Vanessa turned on the radio.
Green Day.
"Leave it!" Michael and I said together except I stuttered.
"You like this crap to?" She asked Michael.
"It not crap!" He said.
"Finally! S-someone understands!" I smiled.
"Shut up freak." Vanessa barked.
The rest of the ride was silent except for Michael and I humming along to Green Day.
"H-hi mom!" I smiled as we walked in.
"Well hello! Who is this?" She smiled at Michael.
"Hi I'm Michael." He said folding out his hand proudly.
"Hello! You can call me Kay." My mom smiled.
"Nice to meet you Kay." Michael said.
"I'll be in my room." Vanessa frowned.
"Alright sweetie." She said.
My mom and Michael talked for a while as I just listened.
"I-I'll be right b-back." I said before running to my room.
I check my room to make sure it at least looked presentable.
Coming back down the stairs I seen Vanessa hiding and listening to Michael and our mom's conversation. It sounded like they moved to the kitchen. She looked up at me and I shot her a questioning glance. She moved her finger to her mouth and pulled me next to her so I could listen to.
"She's Corrina. She's not a big people person because of Vanessa. She's so rude to her." Mom was saying.
I looked at Vanessa and she looked sad.
"I stick up for Rina. She's the only friend I have here. She the only friend I want." Michael said.
"She doesn't stutter as much anymore. Still a bit though." She sounded like she was smiling.
"I want her to open up more. I want her to know I won't hurt her." Michael said.
"She's lucky to have you."
"Thank you but if anything I'm lucky to have her." Michael was smiling.
I could hear it in his voice.
Vanessa tapped my shoulder.
"He's a keeper." She whispered then pushed me out so they could see me.
"Oh sweetie did you trip?" My mom asked.
"Y-yeah." I blushed.
"Why don't you two go up to your room and I'll call you down when dinner is ready." She smiled.
"O-okay." I nodded toward Michael.
He followed me to my room and closed the door behind us. There was a knock a few seconds later.
"Michael sweetie if you give me your mom'a number I'll let her know you are staying for a little while." My mom smiled sweetly.
She liked him. Not that I thought she wouldn't. I just wanted her to because he's my friend. My only friend.
He gave her the number and she left us alone.