I guess soon is now. I really needed to tell someone.

I pulled myself away from him, looking up at his face. He looked so concerned, so clueless about what I am about to say. I lead him to the couch and told him not to interrupt me until I finish. He said "okay" and told me to go when I'm ready.

"I had a boyfriend. His name was Dylan. He was my first everything. Yeah, we did all that cheesy couple shit." I rolled my eyes. Michael leaned forward, showing me that he was listening.

"He was the best, he was everything you could ask for." I locked eyes with Michael for a second before continuing.

"But that was only when we were outdoors." I gulped. A crease formed on Michael's forehead.

"When no one is around, he'd hit me, call me every bad word you can think of, he'd hurt me when I'm being really nice and he'd still hurt me when I'm doing what he tells me to do." Michael's jaw was tightening and I could tell that he was already mad.

"He even threatened to kill me." I took in a harsh breath, holding the tears back.

"No one knew about it. He was an angel in front of my family, his friends, to everyone but me." I quickly wiped my left eye. I didn't want Michael to see me crying again.

"Whenever I have a bruise that obviously came from him, he would tell me that I have to say it was from my gymnastics practice. When I lied to my family, they believed me. They believed a lie. They couldn't see past through me." My hands were curled into fists, ready to punch something.

"Except for my little brother. He knew I was lying, but I never told him the truth. I didn't want him to worry because he was only four that time."

"Yeah, I never had friends either. You're my very first." I tried to smile at him and he smiled back.

"And whenever he catches his friends talking to me, he'd hit me and grab his perfectly polished knife and cut my skin." I closed my eyes and lifted my sleeve up so Michael could see the faded scar near my shoulder.

"He was the worst, he was and is stupid, he is a spoiled brat with no goals in life. You'd think that a fifteen year old boy wouldn't that, but it happened. A fifteen year old boy did do that." I scoffed.

"Who knew what he was capable of? Don't get me wrong but he looked like an innocent guy-next-door."

"I was sad for two years, I couldn't find ways to leave him. I really didn't know what to do. I wanted to tell my parents but shit happened in our family and they would probably brush it off like it was no big deal."

"But I'm glad that its over between us. I haven't dated anyone since. Two years of being with him was absolute hell and I'm glad that I got out of that "relationship" before I even get out of this world. Literally." I said in the most cheerful way I could do, but I just sounded sad.

"And today, he decided to make a comeback and have dinner at my house. I left as fast as I could to go here because I just couldn't stand being in the same room as him. I'm glad I'm here because I would have been bored anyways." I said to lighten the mood and it was my small attempt to make a joke. I was proud of myself for not breaking down again.

Michael didn't laugh. He just looked at me. He probably had a ton of questions in his mind. If there were, would I be able to answer any of them?

He reached for my hand, bringing it up to his lips and I felt his soft lips kiss my knuckles. I was surprised because what the hell is he doing?

"I wish I knew you before so this wouldn't have happened." He frowned.

I just smiled at him because I didn't know what to say.

"If I ever meet him and you're there with me, pinch my hand so I'd know and give him a hard punch on the face." He told me and it made me smile more.

"Okay."

"Are you sleeping here tonight?" He asked.

"If its okay with you." I shrugged.

"Its always okay with me." He said, standing up and holding a hand out for me.

He lead me up the grand staircase and down the renaissance period inspired hallway and into his typical band geek room. Posters were on every wall, guitars were hanging on the ceiling and there were no clothes scattered on the floor.

He plopped down on the bed and buried himself under the blankets.

He looked like a stuffed toy!

"Are you coming in or what?" He called, fluffing my pillow.

"Yeah." I answered, taking my place beside him.

"Goodnight." He said a went over and kissed my forehead.

"Ew, Michael." I laughed for the first time tonight.

"I always kiss my children before they go to sleep." He acted offended by my words.

"Sorry, mum." I smirked, earning a poke on my cheek which I found weird.

"C'mere." He said, opening his arms wide for me.

I lazily moved towards him and let his arms wrap around me. I felt safe and better that I was earlier.

I closed my eyes, taking in his sweet scent. The soft blankets and cold temperature were enough to make me sleepy.

"I'll always be here for you, okay Em? I won't leave you. You're my best friend." I heard Michael say and squeezed me a bit.

****

Sorry for the long chapter :))

Song of the chapter: Goodnight by Cher Lloyd

SHE'S KINDA HOT SOUNDS AMAZING I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO IT FOR THE PAST 573618471 YEARS I LOVR 5SOS SO MUCH IT HURTS

WHAT ABOUT YOU

(please vote and comment (: )