Chapter 7

Emily

I expected myself to wake up in his arms, but I didn't. Instead, I woke up with drool covering the lower half of my cheek. My right arm and leg were hanging on the edge of the bed. Really attractive.

The loud snores that were coming from Michael woke me up. The sound was a combination of a dying whale and a honking car.

I wiped my face with the sleeve of my shirt and sat up. His room was dark because his curtains covered the windows. I felt my stomach grumble. I wanted to go downstairs and cook something but Michael would probably get mad or kick me out before I even get the chance to greet him a good morning.

I looked to my right and saw that he was still sleeping. He looked really funny with his mouth wide open and messy hair.

"Michael," I whispered, poking his cheek.

He didn't move.

"Michaeeel," I called again and he still did not move. He was definitely a heavy sleeper.

I placed my hands on both shoulders and shook him slightly, earning a grunt in return.

"Five more minutes, mum." He said and rolled over so I don't see his face anymore.

I continued to shake him until he finally woke up. I kind of felt bad because he looked like a tired mess with his hair shooting in different places, dried drool covering half of his face and eyes that were barely open.

"Emily, what are you doing here? In my room?" He asked with his eyes wide open. He got out of bed, forcefully removing the drool off his face.

"You look like a mess." I laughed and he started to fix his hair, flattening it with his hands.

"Anyways," he paused to give me a glare. "How are you feeling?"

"Better." I answered truthfully.

"That's great." He smiled. "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah."

"Come with me." He said and took my hand, leading me out of the room. I felt my cheeks heat up at the contact. Oh, sweet baby Jesus, no. It's not like he hasn't exactly done this before.

"Sit anywhere you like." He said, rummaging through his refrigerator.

"Even on the stove?" I asked out of randomness.

"Unless you want your ass to be hotter than it already is-" He stopped, covering his mouth.

Michael thinks I have a hot ass! I guess my intense butt workouts were all worth it. Worth it enough for someone to notice.

"I-I-I mean-"

I laughed harder than I should have. That was the first time a guy has ever complimented me and I don't know if I should be flattered or feel violated because he was checking me out!

"Em, I- pretend I didn't say anything." He groaned.

"Okay, Mike." I laughed more.

"I'm not a pervert if that's what you were thinking." He defended, turning on the fire of the stove.

"Be careful or you might burn yourself." I smirked even if he couldn't see me.

He flashed me the finger and I chuckled, walking towards the dining table and taking a seat on one of the ebony chairs.

-

"So you're actually going to cut your hair." Michael said for the nth time today.

"Yes, Michael." I sighed, pulling my hair up into a bun.