“What are you looking at?” Kaiden asked. I gave him a confused look. Couldn’t he see the figure surrounded by the trees… he has better eyesight than I do…

“You don’t see him? He is right there… between those two broken down trees to the right.” am I going crazy?

“I don’t see anyone, Em.” he said lowly, sounding worried.

I looked back out the window. The man was walking away now… out of sight.

“Well… whatever was out there is gone now.” I reassured him.

“Still! I couldn’t see him but… you could?”

“It’s okay. Maybe I was hallucinating.”

Kaiden still seemed to be worried about not being able to see the stranger. Maybe it was just my imagination…?

**Next day/morning**

I lay sprawled out on the bed while Kaiden is taking a shower. I managed to distract Kaiden and get his mind off the stranger. And man, I am SORE. My heart was still beating fast and my core was still throbbing in need. I think I am in heat… I can’t stop thinking about his perfect… delicious looking abs… and his-

“Hey Em, I have to leave for a pack meeting. I’ll tell Hazel to come here to keep you company because I don’t want you being alone… and I rather not have you around a bunch of males… while you’re going in heat.” He said, winking. So I was in heat… wasn’t that supposed to be painful without my mate being here to constantly… um… yea.

“Don’t worry… you won’t actually need me till a few more hours. You’re just now going into heat. You’ll be fine, Love.” He said, answering my unspoken thought.

“Can,” I started to say, but he interrupted me.

“No I can’t read you mind.” He said, chuckling. Ugh, I bet he can! I glared at him, only making him laugh at my frustration.

He kissed me on the cheek, knowing that if he kissed me on the lips then he would be late… very late.

“I’ll be back soon. Try and stay out of trouble, okay Love?” he asked.

“What? Why would I get into trouble?” I was actually being serious… for the most part.

An hour after Kaiden left, Hazel showed up at my doorstep. She smiled mischievously at me.

“What?” I asked, unsure of what was going through her head.

“I am here to rescue!”

“From what? I am perfectly fine here.”

“Uh, no. Not happening. We are not going to spend three treacherous hours in this smelly old cabin.” She wrinkled up her nose, pretending to be disgusted with its antique smell.

“What are we possibly going to do?”

“Well, we are going to go house shopping! No way are you going to live in that yucky pack house that no one even lives in besides Kaiden because he doesn’t have a mate… till now.” She smiled at me.

“Where does the rest of the pack live?”

“In town. They figured it was best not to look like we had something to hide. We go to the Pack house constantly though. So… come on!” she grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door.

“Hazel! I’m not even dressed decent!!” I screamed. She looked back at me.

“Oh… yea they might not take us seriously if you look like you just had some… fun.” She winked at me. I quickly fixed my tangled hair. She just laughed and we walked back into the cabin.

“Wait! I need to go look for something really quick.” I ran back outside to the spot where I saw the stranger. Underneath a bunch of leaves was a small rusted box. I was going to open it but I decided to wait till I was completely alone.

*Hours later*

I came back into the cabin after a long day of house shopping. Hazel and I found three houses that would be a good choice but I couldn’t make up my mind.

Hazel went home not long after we got back. But just as I was about to go get the box out of its hiding place, Kaiden arrived back.

Within seconds my body ached for him. This is what being in Heat felt like I guess; needing him like this.

Kaiden walked into the bedroom reading some paper with glasses on. He looked like sexy nerd. I growled playfully. He looked up at me and smiled.

“Hey babe…” he looked at me suspiciously. I licked my lips and stalked towards him. He set the paper down on the dresser along with his glasses and backed towards the wall as I advanced.

I reached him in flash. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself closer to him. He instantly became hard. When I ripped his shirt off, he let out a sexy growl. I licked and sucked on his neck and jaw. His moan just turned me even more on. I started grinding on him, telling him what I wanted. He picked me up and took me quickly to the bed.

I unbuttoned his jeans and he kicked them off. He ripped my clothes off just as fast. He hungrily attacked my lips and the loving began.

When I woke up, I untangled myself from Kaiden’s grasp and went to the hiding place of the metal box.

I carefully picked up the box. With my strength, opening the box was easy. The little lock snapped like a twig.

I slowly opened the box and gasped when I saw what precious treasures it held.

*******

Sorry guys… this is mostly just a filler chapter because I just needed to get the story moving. I think I am now out of my writer’s block! Yeah! Please keep commenting, voting, becoming a fan, and reading! Love ya’ll!