Bonding Time

(David)

 *David, we need to get back. Todd is starting to panic.* My ear flicked back at the words of my brother floating into my mind. Lifting my head I turned to look at him standing a few yards away from me. His black fur was drenched with water as was mine, the rain wasn't heavy but we had been in it for so long we were officially saturated.

 Benson's muzzle twitched as he turned his head toward the direction of our mate, I could feel his distress through the bond easily. He was torn between staying with the kids or coming to find us.

 *We can't go back yet Benson. The scent trail is already starting to fade, give it much longer and we won't be able to follow it.* My brother's ears pressed back and he growled softly trotting closer to me while shaking his pelt. His lips curled back at me as he glared, *I know David but Jackson would only come back onto our land if he was after something. He'll return again and again until he gets whatever it is he's after. Give it a rest, we're already 15 miles off our own lands.*

 Turning my head away from Benson I dug my claws into the ground and felt the growl of frustration  rolling in my chest. Jackson needed to be taken care of for what he did to our mate and son, I hated just turning around. However Benson was right, he was always right.

 My brother's body leaned into mine and he shoved his head under my jaw, *We have an agitated mate to get to. Jackson will show up again David, we'll get him eventually but we can't worry Todd any further. He has his hands full with our pups." My fur rippled at the mention of the pups, letting out a thick huff I shook my fur out and touched my nose to Benson's before following beside him at a steady run.

 Thoughts of Jackson still swirling in my head, he had crossed onto our land while we were out with Cato. After sending our pup home Benson and I followed Jackson for a while finding he had tried twice to circle to Beta Sophia's house. I believe he is trying to get to Lucy, his daughter. I wondered absently about the plants we found around Ronald. If they eliminated scents how could we be sure of anything? Jackson could be laying false trails all over the place and we would never know because the real trail wouldn't even exist.

 I let out an unintentional growl pressing my ears back and lowering my head. The anger over our former Beta, the stress of deciding another wolf to take one of the Beta positions with Sophia until Lucy was old enough to inherit it. The quick aging of my pups, their first shifts were already happening and its been only a week since they were born.

 *David, you're over thinking everything again. Relax.* Turning my eyes to my brother as we ran, we were both panting slightly.

 *How are you not over thinking everything?* His ears flicked rapidly and I watched his fur bristle, *Its not hard to stop a racing mind with thoughts of our mate. I focus on his feelings more than my own.* Blinking I slowed down to a trot and shook my head to help myself focus on my mate. The bond was thickly woven between the three of us after the few years we've been mated, it wasn't hard to feel Todd.

 Benson's fur tips brushing against my fur was relaxing as I tuned in with him to Todd's thoughts, which instantly over took my own. The sudden shock of feeling stress, worry, pride, love, anger, panic, and need made my paws tangle slightly and I stumbled forward. *Easy, its hard to take all of his mind at once like that.*

 My eyes turned to my brother as he watched me, *You make it sound like this is a normal thing for you.* Even threw the dark black fur on Benson's face I could see the worry drench his expression, *Todd's emotions are always like this. Sorting threw his emotions helps me keep my mind from racing. He hides most of it from you very well because you never really use the bond to feel him, but Todd gets extremely stressed a lot of the time.*