Chapter 9: Staying

India's P.O.V.

It has been a week since I last seen August. I don't know how it went between him and Diamond and to be completely honest I don't care.

I was in my bedroom watching love and basketball while eating candy and popcorn under my covers till my doorbell rang.

I grunted and slowly got up. I walked to the door and looked out the peep hole. Of course it was August standing there.

"What do you want August?!" I yelled without opening the door. "Can you open the door!" He shouted back.

I don't know who the hell he was yelling at cause it damn sure wasn't me!

"Watch how you talk me nigga!" I shouted back. "Alright, I'm sorry India. Can you please just open the door?" He asked. "Why should I?" I asked him. "Please Ma, I just really need my befriend right now." He said sighing with his head down.

I could tell he was hurt and he needed someone to talk to and that someone was me.

I unlocked the door and looked at August to find him staring at me. "What?" I asked him.

"Do you always answer the door looking like that?" He asked looking at me up and down while rubbing his chin hairs.

I was wearing a yellow crop tank, Calvin Klein panties, and some knee high socks with my hair curly.

"Nah sorry, I didn't expect to have company at 1 o'clock in the morning. Would you like me to go change?" I asked him.

"Nah you good." He said licking his lips still staring at me.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door wider, so that he could come in. I watched his every step.

I noticed he was wearing some sweats and a tee with some J's that he took off at my front door.

"Nice place." He said admiring it. "Thanks." I said back. I led him to the couch in the sitting area. "I'll be right back." I said to him. He just nodded.

I ran back into my bedroom and turned the movie off. I went back into the living room and sat down next to August.

We sat there in awkward silence till I interrupted it. "August?" I asked him. "Yea?" He answered back looking at me.

"Who told you where I lived?" I asked him. "Crystal." He simply said. I nodded. "Remind me to kill her later." I said. He chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"What was so important that you had to come over at 1 o'clock in the morning?" I asked him.

"Diamond and I are over." He simply stated. "Why? I hope it wasn't because of me!" I said looking at him. "Nah. We got over that." He said.

"What was it then?" I asked curiously. "I found out she was cheating on me with an old time friend of hers." He said looking away.

"I knew that wasn't gonna last. Some people never change." I said slightly smirking. "What you mean?" He asked finally looking at me.

"Once I found out about you and Diamond I instantly knew that something would go wrong." I said.

"Why would you think that?" He asked me. "It's Diamond we're talking about. It's the same girl that cheated on you in highschool. She was never good for you." I said.

"How would you know what's good for me? That was back in highschool. People change!" He said shouting at me.

"I think I would know since I am supposed to be your "best friend" I've known you since forever. Obviously people don't change. Diamond is still the same fake bitch that cheated on you." I said shouting back.