chapter 1

Jayda imani Cole pov

Right now I'm trying to let what My dad, Jason, is telling me sink in! Let me let you in on my situation.

Soooo I'm 16, and all 16 years of my life I've only had one parent and that's my mom. while elsewhere he's been living a rich lifestyle with his other family and only sent child support. My mom passed away yesterday morning and I've been at the police station ever since , while grieving, and waiting patiently since he's my NOW legal guardian. He's come to pick me up and has let me know that he's engaged , and has 4 sons. I just have the best life ever right?

Jason: Jayda? say something...

me: are you kidding me? what do you want me to say?

Jason: I don't know. nothing I guess , nevermind. uhh, are you ready to go ?

me: yes ?

Jason: come on .

he grabbed my bags and didn't even bother to tell the police he was picking me up. The whole ride we didn't speak. I'm glad we didn't though , because we have nothing to talk about ! He hasn't seen me in years , never bothered to raise me , only sent money but I'd rather have time spent with him than his dirty money he gets from being a thug . Yes , he's a thug ! That's probably why him and my mom stopped being together ! He robs people, murders people, and Assassinates other thugs . He's a professional criminal , and I'm not trying to get in the mix of all that.

When we finally got to his house I was amazed ! I know he's a thug and yes he's rich , but I didn't know THAT rich. His house is huge ! I don't even know why he has this enormous house when all he needs is 6 bedrooms and it looks to have 10! I followed him up to the house. He unlocked the door and we went in closing it back. He showed me to a room and it was big .

me: why's it so big ?

him: what ? you don't like it ?

me: I'm just wondering.

him: well it just is.....

me: ok ? I -(gco)

There was loud booming downstairs followed by lower noises .

me: Jason what was that ??

him: Sounds like it's time for you to meet the boys, come on .

We started heading back downstairs.

him: and call me dad !

me: I think not .

I followed him downstairs and into the kitchen.

one boy was leaning against the counter playing on his phone , another was sitting on the counter talking on the phone , another was eating some disgusting looking food, and the last one was writing something on paper.

Jason: Boys .

they didn't react at all , it was like he didn't say anything.

Jason: Boys !

no reaction again .

He walked up to the two with phones and snatched the phones away turning them off, took the bowl from the boy eating and threw the food in the trash, then the paper from the one writing and balled it up.
They all started yelling at him telling him that it was uncalled for and didn't even see me . But I am only 4'11 standing behind a 6'2 man....

Jason: I don't want to hear it , you should've listened the first or second time.

them: what do you want?

Jason: to introduce you to her.

He motioned to his side.

??: nobody's right there.

He looked.

Jason: right .

He brought me out from behind him.

Jason: this is Jayda.

??:damn.

???: wow...

The other one laughed, while another just stared.

Jason: What's so funny?

?: her.

He laughed again.

At that point I just ran out . What was so funny about me ? is it the way I look ? it is what it is.

I sat on the floor in a corner.

Not even 5 minutes later three of the boys came in after me. they sat on my bed and just looked at me. the only one that didn't come was the one that laughed.

me: What ?

???: we just wanted to make sure you were ok .

me: *shrugs my shoulders* what's so funny about me ? I know I'm not the best looking person in the world but I do deserve better right?

??: Yea, uh, don't worry about him, it's not what you think.

me: soooo , it's not the way I look ?

???: Look at you , do you really have to ask that?

me: Exactly.

????: it's nothing wrong with the way you look. if you let people get to you like that you won't survive.

me: ok? aren't you all going to introduce yourself ?

???: right . I'm Mario (6'0)I'm 17, and I'm the nice one.

??: I'm Ken (6'6), I'm 18 and I'll be your favorite .

????: I'm Malik (6'4)and I'm 19.

Ken: And Xavier (6'6)is downstairs.

me: yea, the mean one .

they laughed.

me: Well I'm jayda and I'm 16.

Them: 16?

me: uh yea , y'all didn't know??

Mario: we thought you were ...17..

me: no I'm 16.

Malik: ok.

Ken: I'm about to spoil you ma .

me: well I've never had brothers or a dad before so this should be cool .

Malik: Yea and dad wants you in his office .

me: how do you know ?

Malik : because he told me.

me: ok well, where's his office?

Mario : follow me .