Chapter 28: Taken

Start bij het begin

"F-Francine... J-Jake has been k-kidnapped. I-I can't breathe." I gasped for air.

"Vinnie take deep breaths and we'll be right there okay? Bye." She hung up. It wasn't working.

I threw my phone in frustration but Mr. Rein caught it. Hot tears were falling down my face. I screamed out as my whole body became engulfed in red fire. It's never been red before. Mrs. Rein took my hand and smiled at me.

"Just sleep Vinnie. Just sleep." She whispered.

I whimpered and my breathing calmed down. I nodded and layed down on Jake's bed. I breathed in his scent that was on the pillow. Strawberries. I smiled slightly and went to sleep, feeling my fire turn to blue before extinguishing. I hope I didn't upset the baby. That wouldn't be good.

--------------------------------
Nick's POV:

I woke up in Ashley's room in my sleeping bag on the floor. I groaned as I stretched out. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock. It was one in the afternoon. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. So, it was just a dream. I sat up as Ashley walked into the room. She wasn't wearing her pajamas from last night anymore. Instead, she had on a pair of red shorts

"You're awake, finally." Ashley smiled at me and sat down on her bed. She patted the place next to her as I stood up.
"Come on. Let's finish the movie. You were such a scardey cat last night."

I sat down next to her and put the small ball in my mouth without her noticing. I didn't want do this to her. I just wanted to keep the mate bond away. She didn't reject him so their mate bond isn't fully broken. I thought of last night and wondered if it was dream. Only one way to be sure.

"Ashley?" I called. It was a little hard talking as the ball in my mouth dissolved into black smoke. I had to make sure I didn't didn't swallow it. Ashley looked up at me and smiled.

"Yeah?" I leaned over and kissed her.

I bit her bottom lip and she let me in. I released the black smoke into her mouth. Ashley swallowed it and I smiled. She tried to pulling away but I kept her in my arms. She wouldn't know she swallowed it. It would wipe out her memory of the last minute. Finally, Ashley opened her eyes and pushed me away.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm sorry I just had this dream that I heard you talking in your sleep about how you love those guys and not me. Then we fought I almost left but then we kissed and we went back into your room..." I trailed off and looked away. It was a stupid dream. She started laughing. I knew it was stupid.
"Don't laugh." I grumbled and crossed my arms.

"Nick, that actually happened." Ashely smiled

"Then why was I on the floor?" I frowned.

"I put you there because you pushed me off the bed. Twice!"

"Sorry. I'm a wild sleeper." I chuckled.
"Ashley, what does this make us?"

"I really don't know. I love you. You love me. I don't know maybe we're meant to be." She smiled.

"Stop rhyming. You sound like Barney." I laughed as she hit my arm.

"You look like Barney." She smirked.

"Oh so you think Barney's hot?" I fake gasped. She raised an eyebrow.

Before she could answer, Francine barged into the room with tears falling down her face. We both jumped up.

"Ashley! Alex has been kidnapped! I-I don't know what happened! He a-asked me t-to marry him and I said no a-a-and then he went into his room and I saw I-I saw him being taken away." Francine sobbed.

Ashley had already walked over to her and hugged her. Francine was squeezing Ashley so hard, I thought she would paralyze her. A phone started ringing and Francine pulled away from Ashley. She wiped her tears away as she took out her phone. She swiped right and answered.

"H-Hello? What!? Alright alright. Vinnie just take deep breaths and we'll be right there. Okay. Bye." She hung up and looked at us.

"Jake's been kidnapped too." Francine sniffled and looked away. There was silence for a while. I looked out the window just as someone grabbed my hand.

I turned around to come face to face with a man in his late twenties. He had on black sunglasses and a black beanie. To top it off, he had a black beard. My eyes widened as he sprayed something in my face. I started to pass out when the man hauled my over his shoulder and jumped out the window.
________________________________________________________________________
Oooo! It seems as though all the boys are getting kidnapped... except one in particular. Hehehe >:D *touches fingers together like Mr. Burns*