Chapter 2 - Settling in

Shannon breathed in the warm Bondi sea air as she slid open the doors onto her balcony, placed her mug of tea down and sunk into the massive squishy sun lounger. It had taken a good 24 hours for everyone to recover from the jetlag, although drinking their alcohol supplies completely dry on the first night probably wasn't the best idea!

"Morning" sang Karen as she popped her head over the rattan divider between hers and Shannon's balcony "I thought there was only me mad enough to be awake at this hour"

"It can't still be jetlag surely" replied Shannon with a yawn and a stretch

"Maybe it's the start of a new us" laughed Karen "I'm making a brew and coming round to you so make room"

Karen padded into the kitchen and flicked the kettle on and found the cupboard that was full of mugs and plates yesterday but now looked very empty. She eventually found one and tutted at the pile of dirty cups already filling the sink. As she waited for the water to boil she heard footsteps behind her.

"Morning" croaked Tristan as she turned to face him.

"Well don't you look bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning" smiled Karen as she pointed to his dishevelled hair and eyes that were barely open.

"Is there enough water in there for me and Jamie?" asked Tristan "I promised him breakfast in bed to make up for being a drunken pain in the arse last night but I am absolutely hangin so a cup of tea will have to do" he moaned

"Well good luck finding a clean cup" sniffed Karen as she added milk to her hot black tea. She didn't wait for Tristan's response as she made her way to Shannon's room.

The rest of the household started to stir soon after and one by one everybody ended up in the kitchen muttering about breakfast.

"I vote we try that cafe on the beachfront" suggested Jamie, which everyone agreed was the best idea ever. As they wandered down the beachfront Shannon noticed the early morning surfers were already bobbing about in the waves.

"Oooh are any of the lifeguards from Bondi Rescue there" giggled Rachel "Or that lovely Bondi Vet eh" she sighed.

"Why on earth would you want some big Aussie bloke when you've got me sweetie" said Darren as he grabbed Rachel and planted a huge kiss on her.

"Oh I can't possibly imagine" laughed Rachel as she kissed him back.

After a very large and grease filled breakfast the group headed back to the house discussing their plans for the day.

"I quite fancy a beach day" said Tristan, at which Holly pulled her face "Well what do you suggest then" snapped Tristan. He was getting sick of her constant negative attitude to anything remotely fun related.

"I thought we would just chill in front of the tv at the house, as we start rehearsing tomorrow" muttered Holly.

They all trudged on back to the house in silence nobody really knowing what to say as they all knew Holly was obviously in one of her moods. As it turned out, the decision was made for them as there was a message waiting for them that the musical director wanted a meeting with them that afternoon.

"Come with us Shan, it's only a meeting so we shouldn't be long" said Rachel

"Nah I'm alright thanks bud" replied Shannon "I might head to the beach for a bit.....before I throttle Holly"

"Make sure you have your phone then coz I will be joining you asap coz I am definitely not spending all afternoon stuck indoors with some stuffy MD" grumbled Rachel as Shannon laughed at her friend.