January - Tresspassing or "Live a little, babe!"

For my (hopefully) upcoming fic.

"You feeling any better, Rory?" Liam asked, kneeling down next to the bed in the corner of the room and turning on the light above it to look at the girl he had taken in. She was curled up under the covers, after crying for at least a hour.

"Throw him out of your mind, just for tonight. Let's go, clear our heads while the sun is still above the horizon." He said softly, lightly squeezing her fingers, that were sticking out from under the bed sheets.

"I'm not going anywhere, Liam." She croaked, her throat sore. Before Liam could even start to feel offended, she added:"Not while you're wearing a shirt with spaggethi stains and a jacket that stinks like cannabis."

In a matter of seconds the young man's cheeks were flushed red and he had darted away to the bathroom, making Rory chuckle quietly.

After a hour, when they both has cleaned themselves up, Liam took Rory's hand and lead her outside.

"I hope you aren't leading me to your gangs hangouts. Zayn's LSD induced paint splatters don't interest me at all."

"No, it has nothing to do with them." Liam muttered, feeling a bit uneasy. Maybe it was time to get rid of these criminals before they pull him into hard drugs. Playing the evil mastermind was all fun and games, but if he'd get caught - he wouldn't return home. Ever.

Rory had noticed Liam's blank stare, so she pushed him, ever so slightly, making his leather booths slip on the icy sidewalk. The brunette had miscalculated her strength - they both ended up in the closest snow pile, coughing and swearing quietly.

Of course, Liam wasn't mad at her. That's what you get for zoning out. Stay focused, Liam.

After another fifteen minutes of walking through the outskirts of Liverpool, they both reached a wooden fence, that was about 5ft high.

"What do you- Liam!" Rory didn't even get to blink, when Liam was climbing up the nearest tree to get himself over the fence.

"That's private property!"

"Ror, they never check this corner of the forest. Come on, live a little."

Soon enough they both were over the fence, standing next to a small pond, that didn't seem to freeze over no matter what the temperature. Liam grabbed Rory's hand in excitement, not noticing how much breaking the law actually bugged her. He dragged her over to the willow tree by the pond and left her standing there,clueless.

The Payne was running around like a bullet gone rogue, and the surprised young lady just got even more surprised (and nervous) when a picnic place appeared bellow her feet.

"Come, sit down." Liam beckoned her, pulling a tourists thermo cup out of the basket and handing it to Rory. They sat in silence, letting their shared drink warm them up.

Rory didn't protest. Liam was reckless, and she was stubborn, but it would be a sin to ruin a moment like this. The setting sun reflected against snow crystals, making them sparkle like diamond dust. Somewhere in the back of her mind, a song reminded her of the last months.

I'll own your soul, I'll change your life forever... And you can run to the edge, love is going to find you when it's time.

Liam wasn't the typical gang member - the first flag for that was the fact, that he had taken her in, when she had nowhere to go. She didn't understand anymore, why had she tried so hard to push her feelings aside, to reject the boy, who slept on the floor so she could have the bed, the boy, who started looking at college applications after she had said just a few words about it, the boy... The boy who had his nose right before her's.

This was it. True love's kiss. The thing they never believed in. The thing they labeled 'kid's stories'. The thing, that was...

Interrupted by the barking of dogs and warning shots in the air.

"LET'S RUN!" Liam yelled, pulling Rory up, and dashing away get her over the fence before they became dog food.