Chapter 10 (1/2)- Plan is Activated: Leaf's Secret

The Next Day

Ivan woke up as he prepared himself for school. He quickly grabbed his stuff and went out. But before he would go to school, he went to buy water first. Until he overheard something between Jenna and Lionel near the park. After Ivan bought the water, he eavesdropped on the two secretly.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" Lionel exclaimed.

"THIS CANDLE IS NOTHING SERIOUS LIO!" Jenna exclaimed.

"OH YEAH!? THEN WHY DID JORDAN SAY THE CANDLE WAS A FRAUD?" Lionel asked angrily.

"YOU'RE SERIOUSLY BELIEVING HER? SHE CAUSED A DEADLY INCIDENT!" Jenna said, which reminded Lionel about the incident.

"Incident..? Was it the same one Leaf went through..?" Ivan thought.

"IT WAS YEARS AGO! I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ARGUMENT. AT LEAST JORDAN FELT A BIT OF REMORSE!" Lionel exclaimed.

"YOU CAN'T FEEL WHAT OTHERS FEEL! HECK, YOU CAN'T EVEN FIGURE OUT YOUR OWN GENDER!" Jenna exclaimed.

Lionel almost got stunned by Jenna's loud words. He couldn't even figure out if he was actually a guy. Since often at his old school, people called him a person that can transform into objects. But he didn't let that stop him from finding out what Jenna's been up to. He sneakily took the candle and put it back in his bag. Before he left, he wanted to say something to Jenna first. Jenna thought Lionel was gonna give up, but no.

"One last thing before class starts. I told Riyah and Raizen about this." Lionel said as he left.

".. That's a lie." Jenna thought.

If only Jenna knew that Lionel wasn't even joking at all. Ivan overheard everything and now he knows about this too. He immediately ran and left as he departed and zoomed to school. Until he almost got hit by a car on the road. Luckily, someone saved him in time before the car could hit any of them.

"GAH!" Ivan shouted.

"You really need to be careful!" The person said.

Ivan took a glance at the person that saved him from the car. It turns out it was Leaf, he seemed early this time. But he paused and ran as fast as he could when he saw Ivan running onto a road. He got up and helped Ivan up. He got a bit worried back there huh.

"Oh crud.. I'm so sorry Leaf, I didn't mean to." Ivan said.

"No, it's fine don't worry." Leaf said.

Until Leaf noticed that a stick was on Ivan's hair.

"Did you go to the park earlier?" Leaf asked, taking the stick off Ivan.

"Yeah I did.. and.. I overheard a conversation between Jenna and Lionel." Ivan said.

"Really? What did they say?" Leaf asked.

"It was about.. some strange candle thingy. Heck even Jordan was mentioned in their conversation!" Ivan said.

"Why would the two argue about my cousin?" Leaf asked.

"Right.. he forgotten.." Ivan mumbled.

"Is everything ok?" Leaf asked.

"Oh! I'm fine don't worry. I'll explain later at lunch, now c'mon we'll be late!" Ivan said.

"Woah! Alright then." Leaf sighed.

As for Jordan, she was waiting for Lionel to arrive. She wanted to discuss to him about the dark candle situation. But the two didn't know that Ivan also knows about this. Lionel arrived as soon as he could. He brought out the dark candle and gave it to Jordan.