Chapter 4

(Kaye)

The sound of the clock ticking is a very hypnotizing as the birds sing in the background and the beautiful morning sun pushes it's way through the curtains. 

 My body feels slightly heavy from the sleep even though I slept plenty enough for one night. I can't really say that I slept comfortably since I remember seeing nightmares for the whole night. I don't remember the context of them but what I do remember is that they weren't pleasant dreams. It was something very scary. I remember fearful screams and tears. That's probably why those unpleasant dreams are called nightmares. 

The only thing that's keeping my eyes open is excitement. 

I'm not really sure why I feel this exited. This is just a normal day with no school as it's a weekend. Usually I would be sleeping until the noon since I'm in no hurry to school but as I take a look at the clock, I notice that it's only a few minutes past 9 am. 

Not really feeling like going back to sleep, I get up from the bed and stretch my body, letting out a big silent yawn. A wave of excitement goes through my body, tickling me. It's a very strange feeling but decide not to think too much about it. Not that I could since my brains are too tired to start thinking about anything right now. 

I go relive myself in the bathroom and one look at the mirror makes me go take a shower. No way am I going down looking this awful. After many years I have come to the conclusion that I'm obsessed of my hair. I won't go to the public without my hair being perfectly clean and fresh. Even though this is a small town, I just can't. Let's just say that I don't like the feeling of a dirty hair. I like it fluffy and fresh, smelling of my delicious shampoo. 

My brother likes to joke about it but I don't find my obsession very funny. He does, though. Anyways, it's not like I have much to do everyday so it won't kill me to shower almost everyday. Let's just say that it's my favorite way to relax. Nothing beats a warm shower and the feeling of the water wandering it's way down my body. 

After taking the shower I decide not to bother with drying my hair and just toss on some big white t-shirt of mine and some loose shorts. Yes, I really like big comfy clothes. They make me feel safe. I don't know why but they just do. 

After combing my hair I leave my room and take a look to see if my brother is at home. The door to his room is slightly open and I don't need to go and see any further to know that he's definitely not in his room. He always keeps the door closed if he's in there. It's a some kind of habit of his and after some time I figured out that it's also an indirect way to tell me that he's not in there. 

So instead of taking a peek in his room, I go directly down the stairs and into the kitchen, noticing a small note on the table by the fruit basket. I sigh as I take the note to my hands and read the note that my brother wrote for me. This happens a lot and although I'm used to waking up in the mornings to an empty house, I always hope that it wouldn't happen during the weekends. 

Something came up at work. I'll be back in a few hours. Be good. Love you. 

I turn the note upside down and leave it at the table. I don't feel particularly hungry but the apples look quite appetizing so I take one and bite into it with passion. Nothing beats fresh apples. Tasty apples does lighten me up a bit, though I would still rather have my brother here with me, enjoying breakfast together with me. 

I know you can't always have what you want but I still feel a bit upset about it. Always being alone in this house is making me feel lonely. It's suffocating. Even though there isn't really anything for me to do, I won't leave the house. Where would I even go and what would I do out there? Nothing, that I know already. I will just stay home, alone. That's the way it usually is. It doesn't have to be that way today, though. It's not like I'm alone here.