Chapter 43

Warning: Contains substance use.

Third Person POV
A Few Days Later...

"You needed me for something?"

A soft giggle escapes (Y/n)'s lips as she sits in the chair, leaning back like she didn't want to be there. She didn't have a care in the world at the moment, although she cared enough to make the trip this way anyway. She wasn't completely heartless, after all.

"What are you doing at the moment? Working or anything?" The man's tone was demanding but also had a hint of worry in it.

"No, not at all."

The man smirked after hearing the information. "Good. I'm opening a new department and I'd like you to be in charge of it."

"Why should I? It's been like... Ten years since the last time we spoke. And it wasn't a good memory either." (Y/n)'s expression dropped into annoyance at the thought of the memory, a glint in her eyes.

"You act just like your mother..." He muttered.

"Which explains why you don't like me. I'm your one and only daughter, child in fact."

Flashback, 10 years ago...

"All I want to do is talk to my daughter!" He yelled at his wife. She had been drinking, but for him, it was hard to tell.

"Fine! Talk to her! It's not like you or her mom cared about her mental state anyway! Who's there? I'm fucking there. I'm the one she runs to when she has a lot on her mind!!" Her voice echoed through the streets.

He wasn't allowed inside. Everyone was scared of him and they were on the brink of completely separating. "(Y/n)... Your dad wants to talk to you. If anything, scream so I can come out to get you, okay?"

A little nod was all (Y/n) did while making her way to the door. Once outside, he turned his music down and smiled at her. "Hey, princess. How are you?"

"I'm well." She sat next to him on the concrete of the parking lot.

"Why are you dressed like that?"

(Y/n) looked down at your outfit. An oversized t-shirt of a band and short pants with a fishnet leggings and thigh high stockings. Maybe her makeup was a little too much, but that was the point. "I was allowed to dress like this. Mom didn't have a problem, nor did your wife."

"You're eleven. You shouldn't be." He stated.

"They said I can dress however I want, because I'm a girl. If a guy gets the wrong idea, that's on them. They were creeps from the start." She argued back, but in a more sweet than harsh tone. "I don't go anywhere unless one of them is with me anyway."

He sighed at her words. "I don't understand why you listen to either of them. Both of them are awful."

(Y/n) didn't even look his way, but rather cursed him out in her head.

"Well, I just wanted to see how you were doing. I heard you were here. You do know she cares about you, right? So, if you ever have problems with your family or my family, you can just come here." He was digging around in a small black backpack as he spoke.