𝐔𝐩𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥.

The year - was 1975. Mick Mars was in Whitehorse, barely known at the time, however he was able to sell out concert tickets for about 150-300 people max.
That was no where near as much as he wanted, but for now - it was enough.

Girls usually paid less then the guys, simply because the band had favoured the girls more - I mean, they were all straight after all.

The music was blues orientated and had a rock undertone to it, the drummer - Jack Valentine would play his drums and spin in circles doing so.

He was the first 'flying drummer', not Tommy - way before Tommy Lee even considered spinning upside down on his drums.

"Mick - you got the smokes?" The singer called - (I couldn't find the band members names back then, I'll look into it when I'm home and watching YouTube), Mick rose from his chair and chucked the packet of cigarettes over, "They're getting expensive, so use 'em wisely," The grouchy guitarist muttered, they all took a smoke each and talked about their next gigs.

They were sat outside of an old venue they used to play at - when suddenly a beautiful woman walked passed. She looked like she had some cash on her, from her black leather jeans to her black leather jacket - hell, even her perfume smelt rich.

Aside from the money, she was beautiful. Her eyes gleamed a dark shade of green, her lips were plump and coated red, her hair was well-kept and luxurious, her cheekbones were sunken in and shiny with silvery eye-shadow as if she didn't have highlighter.

She spotted the five musicians and they all whistled as they looked at her - all except for Mick who just looked at her with intrigue.

"I know you boys, you- you fly around don't you?" She pointed at Jack who grinned and nodded his head, "Sure do darlin'," he said and downed a sip of beer.

The band exchanged looks and the woman simply looked at them in question. She then turned to Mick, "I like you, you're a good musician - you all are," she said, Mick eyed her sceptically - unsure whether she was saying that for fun or not.

"Think you can buy us a crate of beer?" The bassist snorted - making the other three laugh while Mick subtly smacked them over the head.

She smiled over at Mick and then at his band mates, "I tell you what - I'll buy you two crates of beer if you let me see your show," she said, they looked at her in suspicion, she passed them each 100 dollars - which back then was quite a lot.

"Deal!" They barked - she giggled happily and looked at Mick - butterflies swarming in both of their stomachs.
"I'll see you around, Mick," she smiled and waved before walking on.

"Woah..." They said in awe as they watched her go, "She's got quite the ass," Jack said, earning a harsh thump over the head from Mick.

Days passed and Mick was on stage, playing his guitar and looking down in the audience to see a certain lady admiring him. She smiled and waved up at him, he flicked a pick her way and winked before walking to a different part of the stage.

She was now known as their sponsor, in order to hang out with them she'd give them things to help them, including equipment.

One day they all sat together in the back of the van and Mick was sat right beside her.
"You never told us what you do," Jack said - eyeing her suspiciously, "Well, like you I'm a musician, I'm just waiting for the perfect moment to start, I work at a record label at the moment," She said - they looked at her with wide eyes, "You could sign us," One of them said, "I can't just sign you because I like you guys, unfortunately that's not how it works - if it was the case then everyone would have a label to go off of. I just... I can't do that, sadly - you could call the label though," she passed the paper over to them, a business card.