Chapter 4: Cover Story

It had been a few hours since (Y/n) arrived at the Lookout. He and Piccolo had been sparring against each other for the past few hours and (Y/n) was surprised by the strength Piccolo had. While it's nothing compared to Goku in Super Saiyan 3, Piccolo is still strong in his own right. While (Y/n) couldn't go all out, he still enjoyed their sparring match. He got to test Piccolo's power and it helped him gauge where he stands as a fighter. Both fighters land on the lookout, stopping their sparring match.

(Y/n): "I must say Piccolo, you're definitely a strong fighter." he comments.

Piccolo: "Your pretty strong too. Not anyone can match Goku's strength. Though, I can tell you have a ton of untapped potential." he said with a smirk.

(Y/n): "Really?" he asks.

Piccolo crosses his arms.

Piccolo: "Of course. You have the DNA of some of the strongest fighters, right?" he asks.

(Y/n): "Goku, Vegeta, You, Frieza, Gohan and that's pretty much it." he said.

Piccolo: "Why not Majin Buu?" he asks.

(Y/n): "Wasn't able to get the data on that one. So, I'm stuck with the ones I had from the Cell Games." he said, shrugging his shoulders.

Piccolo: "Hm. No matter. With the DNA you have, you definitely have a ton of untapped potential."

[Meanwhile, Capsule Corp]

Bulma: "What do you mean Cell's back!?"

Vegeta had gotten home and informed Bulma about his encounter with (Y/n). Bulma's reaction wasn't exactly surprising, and Vegeta was unfazed.

Vegeta: "Apparently he isn't Cell, just some copy of him." he said. "He also goes by (Y/n)."

Bulma: "And how come you didn't dispose of him? Pretty sure you would've by now." She said.

Vegeta: "Blame Kakarot! If it wasn't for him I would've killed that damn clone!" he claims.

Bulma: "What did Goku do this time?" she asks.

Vegeta: "He decided to keep him around as a sparring partner and a potential ally. It should be worth noting that Kakarot and (Y/n) fought each other and were evenly matched." he explained.

Bulma: "WHAT!?" she shrieked. "You're telling me he can match Goku's strength!?"

Vegeta: "Yes and there's no need to raise your voice!" he said.

Bulma: "well, if Goku's so sure. What did everyone else think? There were others there, right?" she asks.

Vegeta: "yes, the others were there. Gohan and Piccolo agreed to this." he said.

Bulma: "Where's (Y/n) now?" she asks.

Vegeta: "With Piccolo at the Lookout. The Namekian volunteered to keep an eye on him." he explained.

Bulma: "Okay no offense to Piccolo but how's he gonna stop him if he suddenly goes rogue?" she asks.

Vegeta: "If he does go rogue, I'll deal with him. Though I'll hate having to clean up Kakarot's mess." he claimed.

Bulma: "Yeah, if he could match Goku what chance do you have against him?" She asks.

Vegeta didn't like that comment, but she was right. At the moment, Goku is stronger than him and thus (Y/n) is stronger too. But he's not worried, he'll train enough to not only surpass Goku but also surpass (Y/n). He'll prove he's the best no matter what. He'll prove he's better than Cell. (Y/n) might not be Cell, but he looks like him and has similar powers. So, he'll do.