The Last Chance

The holidays were over and the four friends had returned to school. Tension was running high; the threat of the Death Eaters was becoming more and more apparent. The Gazette was full of nothing but talk of new missing persons and new deaths. At Hogwarts, however, the third term had started well for the sixth year students. One morning, a large sign was posted on the bulletin board in every common room, informing the students that Dematerialisation classes would be held in Brave.

Days later
Aurora's POV
I was sitting in the astronomy tower, reading. The view was beautiful, the cold sun setting over the black lake creating a quiet atmosphere, isolated from the noise of the school. Something crawls into my arms and jumps on my stomach.

Me: Oh Zephyr...
A white bandage wrapped around his broken paw and every time I stroked his back he meowed in pain.
Me: Don't worry, the monster that hurt you is now in an urn in the dungeon...

A satisfied grin appears on my face, but it is quickly wiped away when I hear a voice behind me. I turn to see Harry making a strange gesture with his hand.
Me: Hello
Harry: Hey
Me: I thought you'd gone to see Dumbledore, Hermione told me you started studying with him again.
Harry: Tonight. I just thought I would get away from all the hustle and bustle for a little while.
Me: Well, you can sit down, you know.

He hesitates for a second, but then he sits down next to me and says
Harry: What are you reading?

I close the book and put it back in my bag.
Me: Oh, just a novel about the founders....
His eyes then turn to Zephyr, I shake my head in a sign to him that it was too long a story.
Me: How was your holiday, Harry?

I was well aware of how Potter's holiday had gone, but his misfortunes always made me feel better, I don't know why.
Harry: Um...
Me: Harry, how many times must I tell you to trust me?
Saying that, I put my hand on his leg.
Harry: The Death Eaters have destroyed the Weasley house, that Bellatrix Lestrange... I'll kill her.

I lower my eyes and smirk unseen at Potter's arrogance, kill my mother, just because you're the Chosen One doesn't mean you're as powerful a wizard as she is...
Harry: I don't like you befriending Malfoy
Me: Excuse me...
Harry: Ginny told me that you two have been spending a lot of time together, Rory, and I don't trust him...
Me: It doesn't matter whether you trust him or not, Harry, I trust him and that's all that matters.
Harry: He's one of them, Aurora, a Death Eater... that night, when you were defending him, another thing I'll never understand, I heard him talking to Snape.

I look up in alarm
Me: What did you hear?
Harry: Snape made an unbreakable pact with Narcissa Malfoy. He said he would protect Draco at all costs and help him do what he was meant to do...

Me: What is your point, Harry?
Harry: Draco's been plotting something since the beginning of the Year, and Snape is helping him get it done.
Me: Snape would never do anything to hurt this school, Harry, let alone Draco, he... he

He stops me and stares into my eyes
Harry: You like him. Don't you?
Me: Harry, this has gone far enough.
Harry: That's the only reason I can think of, otherwise I'd have no idea why you're in his defence, Rory.
Me: Well, you're rambling.

Suddenly there is a change in his gaze.
Harry: I told you everything... How could you?
Me: Harry, what the hell are you talkin' about?

He rises.
Harry: We've all seen how you've changed Aurora, you've left me for him.
Me: Harry, how can you say that when you're the one who's been hitting on other girls while we were together!
Harry: You became one of them, Aurora, a Death Eater like the woman who killed my godmother! Answer me!
Me: So now you are accusing me! It's unbelievable!