Chapter 16

*priest Ruv's POV*

     I wake up, later than usual, just to realize I am in Sarvente's bed.

     ...

     I get up and get dressed, deciding I might as well make breakfast, since Sarvente is, still, fast asleep.

     Being the Devil himself, I never really had time to make friendships, much less relationships (not that anyone would come near me), so the idea of romance and everything is still fairly new to me. Well, at least I have the rest of existence as a whole to accompany myself with it, with Sarvente.

     ...

     "Good morning, Ruv.", Sarvente says after some time, snapping me out of my daze as she hugs me from behind.

     "Good morning, Sarv."

     ...

     "Could you skip masses today? I'm bored.", she groans while eating her breakfast.

     "You're lucky I'm not actually a priest..."

     "Right! I forgot. Let's do something fun today!"

     "Like what?"

     "Hm... Let's go to another alternate universe!"

     "Fine with me.", I say as I take another sip of my coffee.

     Sarvente and I go to our rooms and change into our day clothes.

     "What alternate universe do you wanna see today?", Sarv asks me when I come out of my room. "Us but you're a woman and I'm a man? Or maybe that would be too similar and boring... Why don't we meet ourselves but role-swapped?"

     "What do you mean?"

     "You and I, but I'm a Lucifer Sarvente, posing as a nun, and you're human and a wanted criminal."

     "That sounds a lot more interesting, no offense to our opposite-sex counterparts."

     "Alright then! Let's go!"

     I say an incantation, opening a portal like last time. Sarvente enters, and I follow.

     We enter a white void once again, identical to the one from the time we met our swap personality selves. This time, the other two look almost identical to us, not considering the obvious difference in clothes.

     Unlike last time, one of the other two speak first.

     "Hell-o! You two must be our role-swapped counterparts. It's nice to meet you!"

     Sarvente smiles, and I nod.

     "You as well. I must say, my curiosity has been making me want to see another alternate version of myself. One that's not as hyper and annoying, at least."

     "Согласованный, assuming your swapped self isn't that far off from mine.", the alternate me responds. I have a feeling I'll get along with this alternate me a lot better than I did with the last one.

     "Alright, enough with the formality. I wanna hear all about what your guys' universe is like!", Sarvente jumps in.

     Her alternate self smiles. "Fine with me."

     We split up, just like last time; Sarvente with her alternate self and me with mine.

     My criminal self and I remain in silence as Sarvente and her holy counterpart chat with excitement.