14

real life !

Conan shuffled out of bed early and quickly freshened himself up, his eyes still puffy from last night. He wanted to go down to the piano in the basement of the performance center early so he could start writing and luckily the workers let him down there. Conan felt a rush of calm when he sat at the piano, he was used to working with his producer Dan but obviously, he was on the other side of the world right now.

Conan opened up the piano cover and nearly pinched his fingers between the piano and the cover while doing so causing him to drop it with a loud bang.

"Fuck" Conan winced, shaking off his hand.

"Conan?" A female voice echoed from the door, causing him to jump.

He whipped his head around and met face-to-face with the person he did not want to see today or ever again. He felt his whole body tense as he spoke to her.

"Hey Cass" He tried to say as casually as possible but failed.

Cass bit her bottom lip and Conan was about to curl up into a ball and die.

"Sorry I'll just go back-" Cass begins as she quickly turns around and starts her way back up the stairs until the words Conan says stop her.

"I know about you and Cole..." Conan blurted out as if he didn't have anything else better to say.

Cass turns around. "Okay?"

"-And even after I told you that he was a total prick you still went back to him? What the fuck was going through your head Cass?" Conan said, his irritation going through the roof.

"Conan I know but he changed and obviously you wouldn't know that because you weren't me in that situation-" Cass said, turning her body fully.

"That doesn't matter Cass! I'd rather not date someone who makes me feel like shit!" Conan exclaims.

Cass squinted at him. "Can't you just be happy for me?"

"I would if the guy you were dating wasn't a prick"

"He's not a prick Conan! Again what do you know about him!?" Cass said, louder than anticipated.

"I know that he's a snob who does NOT give a fuck about you!" Conan blurted but he instantly regretted it when he saw her pissed-off face fade into a frown.

"Cass-" Conan begins.

"If you wanted me to leave the room you could've just said that," Cass says, her voice shaking as she turns away and dashes up the stairs.

Conan stares after her and his heart sinks, he could've sworn he heard a bomb drop. He messed up big time and he wasn't sure if Cass would even stay on tour at this point.

...

"Can you just go Delilah?" Cass said from the other side of the bathroom door, her back against the door as Delilah knocked on it.

"Cass you've been in there for a while it's kind of concerning," Delilah said, shaking the door handle.

Cass whipped open the door suddenly, her face streaked with tears as she quickly threw her arms around Delilah for comfort. "I wanna go home Delilah I don't even know what to do anymore"

Delilah frowned and led Cass to her room and sat her down on the bottom bunk of the bunk bed. "Why? What happened?"

"Conan said he thinks Cole doesn't give a fuck about me but Cole has been so sweet to me all week- why doesn't he get it? It's like he doesn't want me to be happy" Cass rants.