as it blew up in their faces

How did it end up this way?

Toya awoke to the sound of talking, looking to the side he noticed Saki sleeping and the absence of Tsukasa. He got up and left the fort, picking up his phone and checking the time it read 8:30. He went back over to the tent and lightly shook the structure "Saki, wake up," he said.

"Ghhh, nooooo five more minuteeessss," a voice from within the tent whined. As movement could be seen in the tent. Toya shook the tent again causing one of the pillows to fall, landing right on top of Saki, "wahh! I'm up, I'm up, wait, where's Tsuka?"

"Dunno, I think he's in the kitchen," Toya said "I heard voices, maybe Asahina-chan is over," shrugging, Toya pulled the blankets of the fort Haphazardly throwing them on his bed to sort out later.

Saki sat up, throwing the pillows onto Toyas bed before standing up. "Well c'mon, let's go say hi!" she jumped towards the door. "Toya-kun, that's not Mafuyu-chan,"

"Huh?" he said, poking his head out of the door to see Tsukasa and his parents. "Oh, we should wait here, it looks like they are almost done," he said before Saki dragged him out of the room.

"Nuh uh, he said he was going to sleep for longer, c'mon," she said and Toya reluctantly sighed letting himself be dragged by Saki.

"Tsukasa, i thought i taught you better than that," a voice chastised as Saki came to a stop outside the door. Looking at Toya who looked at her then back at the door.

"Sorry mother, I promise I won't use it again, I just promised I would help out with her music making," he responded, his head hung low. A frown gracing his face.

"That's no excuse Tsukasa, you said this last time yet here we are a bunch of composition and lyricist notes written on top of these scripts," Tenmama said holding up a script. "I don't know how I can trust you again, you are grounded,"

"But-"

"No buts, you broke my trust Tsukasa, this is for your own good," Tenmama said "now off to your room I will go get you new scripts,"

"Alright, one more thing," Tsukasa said "Mafuyu said Asahina-san wanted to have dinner next week,"

"I will let her know we are available," she responded.

"Oh, Mafuyu said the local aquarium was hiring, I was wondering if i could still go see if i could get a job there,"

"Hmm, sure as long as either Saki or Toya accompanies you," she said crossing her arms "that leads me to another thing I noticed when I came home last night, you were sleeping in a tent with them," she said.

"I was, I had been doing some homework and so engrossed in it i didnt realise how late it got, Saki dragged me into Toyas room and made me sleep in the fort," he said calmly.

"Don't blame your sister and Toya for that Tsukasa, you could have said no and slept in your bed, but you didn't," she said "what would've happened if that fort fell on Saki or Toya? If saki relapsed in that tent? You could of jeopardise their safety doing that,"

"I'm sorry," he said simply, "I'll take my leave now, I'm meeting Mafuyu at ten, you can tell them who is coming with me," he walked towards his room. His mother coughed and he turned around.

"I've changed my mind, tell Mafuyu-chan that you cannot accompany her to the aquarium,"

"What, you-you can't do that," he said.

"I can and i will Tsukasa, don't make me repeat myself," she said "room, now,"

"Yes mother," he said "sorry for snapping at you," his gaze met hers then quickly lowered as he walked towards his room. When the door closed Toya and Saki quickly walked back into Toyas room.