11 - Tomorrow

i like it when you smile, but i love it when im the reason

══════✿✿✿══════

"Who's that individual you keep texting with that lovestruck smile on your face, son? I've been seeing you do that since I woke up."

I didn't even realize I was smiling until my Dad who was reclining on his recline chair spoke up with a small smirk on his face. I instantly wiped my smile off and cleared my throat, shoving my phone in the pocket of my sweatpants.

"How are you feeling, Dad?" I asked, trying to change the subject as I took the empty glass of water from his hand and placed it on the table.

Dad got discharged 2 days after waking up, and now it's been 2 days since he came back to his house. Mom wanted him to stay another day, but he declined saying that the more he stays in the hospital, the more weak he'll end up feeling weak and also because he wanted to get back to his business. I paid no mind to that conversation because I was too busy relishing in the fact that my father was okay and my sister and mother seemed to finally get back to normal from their depressive states.

Yeah and also because you can finally fuck a special someone with black hair and brown eyes.

Fuck off.

"Trying to change the subject, are we?" Dad laughed and my heart squeezed painfully upon hearing his laughter. He's the best father I could ever ask for and all these weeks of not having him around are still haunting me.

"Oh, Uncle Ryder I'll tell you all about it," I heard Aiden's voice from behind me and I mentally cursed him as he swung an arm around my shoulder with a smug grin on his face which I was tempted to punch off.

I glared at him as he looked back at my Dad who had a curious look on his face.

"Arthur here has a crush on my girlfriend's sister—"

"Your girlfriend?" I asked Aiden with wide eyes. When did this motherfucker had finally grown the balls to ask Mary out?

"Soon-to-be. We have a date scheduled tomorrow." Aiden said sheepishly and the whipped smile on his face made me want to puke on his face.

"Well, I'm glad for you, Aiden. My son on the other hand..." Dad side-eyed me and I scoffed.

"Oh, don't you worry about that, Uncle Ryder. You can expect a daughter-in-law by the end of the year— ouch." I slapped the back of Aiden's head and shrugged off his arm from around my shoulder.

Like hell, Meli would want anything with me. Like I said before, she's way too fucking pure and good for someone like me. We're both just attracted to each other and a few fucks would help with that aspect I suppose.

Oh, don't act as if you don't want her to look at you like you mean the entire world to her.

Like I said before, fuck off.