How You Meet Her

Hey there guys! I know there are a lot of these out there, so I wanted to give it a try! This is my first x reader story so go a little easy on me if I screw up. Hope you all enjoy~ This will be small but will be longer next chapter I promise.

        Run. That's all that ran through your mind. Your parents weren't the nicest. They cared for you, until you turned out to wrong in their eyes. You  grew up wanting to be independent. Not wanting to follow their rules. Wanting to use your magic for something more. So, they would lock you up in your room for days until you followed their rules. One night, you finally snapped. You didn't want to learn the magic as you were happy with the magic you already had. So, you screamed at them. They slapped you, yelled at you, and threw you into your room for a week  without food or water. So, you ran. Not caring if they heard. You hid in the grove until the footsteps that followed disappeared. An hour later, you believed the coast would be clear and ran, running into a creature. The creature glows with many different colors. The eyes are white with a soft pink in the  middle. You fell back and began moving away slowly, memorized by this creature, but scared.

~Do not be scared little girl. I do not wish to hurt you. You stopped moving and looked up. My name is Kanade, a Genso Ryuu*. What is your name?

You hesitated. "Y-Y/N..."

~Y/N, how would you like to become the princess of dragons and dragon slayers? To be stronger than any other.

You hesitated, but agreed. "I would love to." Kanade smiled and put a wing down for you. You climbed on her and flew around in the sky. 'I can't believe this... Maybe, maybe now I'll be strong and can show my parents that I mean something.' You look out to see a beautiful valley.  You fly for a little longer and look out to see a huge mountain. You settle down and climb off.

~This is where I live. Now, it's where you live as well. You look around the cave to see a stream flowing into a small pond. You look at Kanade and smile brightly.

"I love it! Thanks Mom!" She smiles and puts you under her wing.

Lets get some sleep. Then, we'll start training. You cuddle up close to your new mother and smile. You drift off to sleep soundly with no nightmares haunting you for the first time in years.

-Genso Ryuu: elemental dragon

-When you see this, ~, it means your dragon is talking to you telepathically. If you don't see it, she's talking normally