Pillow forts

Adam looked up from his phone calling out to his 8 year old bride. "Hey turtle dove, practice today got canceled due to some bullshit."

Lute giggles lightheartedly. "yay daddy! This also means we can stay home and build a pillow fort together!"

before Adam even has time to react, lute flies out of her room, buzzing with excitement. "come on, let's not waste time. i'll go and start arranging some blankets on top of the chairs in the living room and you can go find every pillow you can then come help me set it all up!"

Adam just smiles in admiration at his enthusiastic tiny bride, before lute leaps up and flies out the door, giggling.

Adam smiles. "this is why i love you." he says, even though lute can't hear him.

__________

a few moments go by, and lute has already draped a heap of blankets over every chair they own in the penthouse living room.

Adam walks in with his arms full of as many decorated pillows as he could find, as per his wife's request. he drops them down onto the floor and lute practically squeaks with excitement before running to scoop some up. "come on, dad let's put them all under the blankets!"

the two got to work arranging pillows underneath the fort, as well as a fuzzy blanket so that it would be comfortable and warm enough to sit inside.

Why? Because some angels tend to nesting....it actually was a big yet adorable habit.

after some minutes, they finally completed the fort. they both stood in front of it, admiring their hard work before looking at each other, both with a sense of pride for the other in their eyes.

"wanna make hot chocolate and watch a movie?" Adam asks in one swift motion, he scoops up his little dove , bridal style to carry her to the kitchen.

"Hey put me down!" Lute says through giggles, while trying to wriggle her way out of Adam's strong grip.

_____________

Moments later Adam walks out of the kitchen with the tray of hot chocolate with double marshmallows in one hand and the other holding lute on his shoulder before she flies off to quickly grab the remote, they sit in the same chair and play the movie , Alice in wonderland then they later watched wrestling.

Notes:

Been super busy with some much needed yard work and playing assassins creed. I'm currently in the middle of black flag 🔪

Pillow forts are the best for everyone, I seriously loved them as a kid and so does lute, yes she still calls him daddy but Adam treats her with respect and he's trying to let her enjoy her childhood because he technically didn't have one.

kudos, comments, constructive criticism and suggestions always appreciated !!