proposal

candehya
fluff
possibly ooc
modern au
summary: dehya had been wanting to propose to candace for some time.
------------------------------
dehya knocked on the door she stood in front of. she had been asking for advice on how to propose to her girlfriend, candace, for a few days. the day before, she had asked nilou to help her choose a ring, nilou had said to meet up at her house to choose a ring. after a few seconds, nilou had opened the door. "oh! hi dehya!" nilou said cheerfully. "hi nilou," dehya responded. "come on in!" nilou said in a cheery voice.

dehya stepped into the house. there were quite a few plants. some on the window sills, some on the bookshelves, some on the coffee table, the plants were in every corner. the house was beautifully furnished from what dehya could see. "you have a really nice house nilou," dehya said. "thank you!" nilou replied. "let's sit down on the couch." nilou said, walking towards the couch. they sat down on the couch and got comfortable. "so what kind of ring do you want to propose to candace with?" "well i know that she wouldn't want anything too fancy. maybe a simple ring with a small diamond." "i think she'll like that. do you know her ring size?" "yeah, it's 4.5." "ok so i think we should go to the jewelry store now and pick out a ring."

nilou and dehya walked peacefully to the jewelry store. they opened the door and were immediately greeted by a worker. "hello, welcome to ashantis jewels! how can i help you?" "hi so i'm looking for an engagement ring," dehya replied. "do you have anything in mind?" the worker asked. "yes. a silver ring with a small diamond." "alrighty! we have a few options you can choose from just over there," the worker replied while pointing at some rings. nilou and dehya walked over to where the worker was pointing and started looking at the rings. they searched for a while and finally picked one out. it was exactly what dehya was looking for. they paid for the ring and left the store. "thanks for the help nilou," dehya said, as they were walking. "no problem!" nilou replied. dehya walked nilou back to her house. "bye nilou." "bye dehya!"

dehya started the walk back to her and candaces house. while she walked, she started going over her plan for proposing to candace in her head. she was going to wait until the next day to propose as that would be their 3 year anniversary.

she got home and at that point it was around 3:30 pm, which meant that candace wasn't going to be home for a while. candace was working until 7 pm that day as she had a big project at her job to finish. she put her phone on the coffee table and decided that she was going to shower then watch youtube for a bit. she'd make dinner before candace got home. "i'll start making dinner at 6," she thought. she went to their bedroom to grab clothes. she grabbed a baggy, black shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants. she went into the bathroom to shower.

after her shower, dehya went to sit on the couch. she grabbed her phone off the coffee table and watched youtube for some time.

dehya got up from the couch to start making dinner. she had decided on making aaru mixed rice and gilded tajine. "it wouldn't take too long so the food will be done and still warm by the time candace gets home," dehya thought. she took out all the ingredients that she would need and started cooking.

dehya had finished making the food at 6:55. she had a few minutes so she plated the food and put it on the dining table. she finished at the perfect time. candace walked into the house a minute after dehya plated the food.

"dehya? you made dinner?" candace asked. "yup!" dehya responded enthusiastically. "come sit!" candace smiled softly at her beloved girlfriend. "thank you for making dinner," she said, walking over to the dining table. "no problem." candace tried a bite of the food that was on her plate. dehya waited expectantly beside candace. "this tastes great, good job," candace said. "thank you dear," dehya said, leaning down to give candace a quick kiss before she sat down to eat her own food. they talked a bit about their days while they ate.

after the two finished eating, they went to put their plates in the kitchen. "my love, i'll wash the dishes today," dehya said. "thank you darling." dehya started washing the dishes and candace went to go take a shower.

dehya finished washing the dishes then sat on the couch and waited for candace to finish her shower. it didn't take long before candace was finished her shower. candace was wearing a pair of black shorts and a dark blue shirt. she joined dehya on the couch.

the two of them sat there scrolling through youtube shorts on their phones. they showed eachother funny shorts when they popped up. at some point, dehya had moved in a way so that she could lay across candaces legs. they stayed like that until around 10pm. dehya was half asleep at that point. "love, we should go to sleep now," candace whispered, caressing dehyas face. "....fine," dehya responded. she reluctantly got off of candaces legs so that they could go to their room and sleep. candace got up and they went to their room.

once they got inside their room, candace closed the door while dehya got into bed. after candace closed the door, she joined dehya in bed. once they were both settled, candace hugged dehyas waist and buried her head in the crook of dehyas neck. "i love you," candace said. "i love you too."

the next morning, dehya woke up before candace. she was going over her plan to propose internally while she made breakfast. she made teyvat fried eggs. candace woke up a little while later. by then, the eggs weren't as hot but they were still quite warm.

once dehya had seen candace walk into their kitchen, she walked up to her and hugged her. "good morning dear," candace said. "good morning! also, you remember what today is, right?" dehya asked. "of course i do," candace answered. "for our anniversary i got us a reservation at a restaurant!" dehya said. "dear, you know you didn't have to, i would've been fine with staying home." "i know but i wanted us to have dinner at a nice restaurant because this is a special occasion." "ah, alright then. where are we eating?" candace asked. "that's a surprise, you'll just have to wait!" candace raised an eyebrow. "a surprise?" "yup!"

candace and dehya ate their breakfast. candace read a book while she ate and dehya scrolled through pinterest and showed candace cute animals when she found them. after they ate, candace insisted on washing the dishes as dehya had washed them the night before.

the day passed by fast. the closer they got to their reservation time, the more nervous dehya got. their reservation was for 7:30 and they started getting ready to go at 6:30. the restaurant was about a 20 minute drive but they decided on leaving at 7 in case there was a lot of traffic.

dehya wore a black suit and candace wore a dark blue dress. dehya had worn silver earrings and candace had worn gold earrings, necklaces, and bracelets.

they got to the restaurant about 2 minutes before 7:30. the waitress greeted at the door and led them to a table. there were very few people in the restaurant as it was a weekday. dehya was thankful for this. she planned on waiting until after they ate to propose. dehya ordered pita pockets and candace ordered butter chicken.

after they ate their dinner the two of them had wanted desert. for desert, candace got rose custard and dehya got charcoal-baked ajilenakh cake.

they finished their desert and dehya had pulled the ring out from her pocket. she got down on one knee. "candace, i love you so much. i've always imagined us growing old together. so will you make me the happiest woman in the world and marry me?" "of course i will!" dehya slipped the ring onto candaces finger and got up to kiss her. "i love you so much," dehya said. "i love you too."
------------------------------
a/n: i'm sorry the proposal scene is so bad, i've never written one