My Savior Harry Styles

Start from the beginning

I cowered and weakly answered with a 'sorry father'.

"Sorry doesn't cut it!" he yelled as he approached me and slapped me as hard as he could, knocking me to the floor and making my eyes water.

I knew that would bruise tomorrow.

"Stop crying you sl*t! Take it like a man!" He yelled again while kicking me in the stomach with such force that I crumpled into a ball.

He continued beating and swearing at me until I could barely stand, then he walked out, satisfied with what he had done to me, a smirk playing across his lips.

He is such a sick man I thought to myself. What happened to him?

When I could finally find enough strength to stand up, I limped over to my bed and flopped down on it.

What did I do to deserve this life?

I pulled out my phone and checked my twitter, trying to distract myself and to keep myself from crying.

But I failed miserably as the pain from my fathers first slap stung my face releasing a small tear.

I had to get out of my prison of a house. I have stayed here too long. 10 long years of verbal and physical abuse, and crying myself to sleep every night.

I knew I had to escape. No more tears, no regrets, just get away not only from this house, but the world.

No one loved me and no one ever will so I devised a plan and decided to go through with it later that night.

*midnight*

It was midnight and I knew my father was fast asleep because of the loud snores coming from the next room.

It was time to start mission escape this world. I know lame name but whatever, at least I had a name.

I quickly and quietly snuck downstairs into the kitchen and grabbed some 'supplies' but I flinched as I heard my father awake and scream "WHERE DO YOU THINK YOUR GOING?" from the top of the stairs.

Sh*t I whispered under my breath as my mind raced over what I should do.

I finally decided on getting out of this horrid place so I ran at top speed to the front door.

I heard my fathers thundering foot steps running down the stairs but I didn't look back.

I flung open the heavy front door and ran down my front path.

I heard the footsteps get louder as they got closer and closer to me but I knew I could out run my dad because he was so out of shape.

I sprinted down the street and turned the corner, heading toward Franklin Heights Park and when I arrived, I jumped into a nearby bush.

I tried to hold my breath as I saw my dad walk right by me yelling threats.

But in the end, he gave up and after swearing under his breath, walked back to my house deciding it wasn't worth looking for me at night in the pitch black.

I let out a sigh and took in my surroundings, still in my hiding spot.

I remembered this place, but I couldn't put my finger on how. Then it hit me.

It was where I would always hide as a child when my friends and I would play hide and go seek in this very park.

I smiled at the memory where I was so young and naive thinking life was perfect and feeling like I was on top if the world.

I cautiously walked out from behind the bush, making sure my father wasn't around.

When I was positive that he was long gone, I sat down on a little bench that was located in the middle of the park, in front of the play equipment.