Stay

"No... Joe please stay." My arms wrapped around his legs. "Y/N I have to its a tradition." He smiles making me feel a little better. "It's only vidcon." I whine. "Yea but I go to vidcon every year." Joe says , he looks like a giant towering over me whilst I still cling onto his legs. I knew Joe was right but I wasn't giving in, he has been travelling a lot lately and we've been struggling to spend time with each other. "Fine!" I scream, running out the room as tears fall from my eyes. Joe gets up as I hear him following from behind. I don't dare to look back knowing what I did was wrong. I overreacted. "Y/N." Joe shouts. I pretend not to hear as I slip on my shoes and open the front door. I run to the tree where we first meet and had our first date. It's always been my place to go to calm down. The soft breeze blew through my hair, the quiet whistle of the trees clearing my mind.
I close my eyes and let the salty tears fall. "Y/N??" It was Joe. I don't know if I'm relieved or embarrassed maybe the two. He pulls me into a warm hug, his scent making me feel safe again like nothing can hurt me. "I'm sorry Y/N I didn't know how much it was bothering you." My head was still buried in his chest as he whispered into my hair. "I'm sorry." My voice was wobbly as more tears fell. I looked up my eyes locked onto his. "I just... Uh." I didn't know how to say it. My thoughts got lost in his eyes and I forget how to speak. I focused on the floor causing Joe to sigh. "I feel like we are drifting apart. We hardly do anything as a couple and I'm beginning to question if you do actually want to spend time with me." Joe lifted my chin and once again I forgot how to speak. "Y/N I love you so much it's impossible to put it into words. I have been so busy lately but I know I could have tried harder. It's just I've been thinking a lot recently and uh..." Joe got down on one knee and reached into his pocket. "Y/N I love you so much and my life has changed so much since meeting you. You have made me realise that there is something to live for and I know you will always be there for me. I know I'm not always the best of boyfriends but please it would make the world if you say yes. Y/N will you marry me?." "YES!" I shouted making Joe laugh. Joe's lips hit mine, a firework show goes off in my head. Once again tears fell as Joe placed the glistening diamond ring on my finger. "Um Y/N... Would you join me on tomorrow's flight?." Joe asked. "You're taking me to vidcon?" Joe nods as he lifts you off the floor.