6- Painted

Gradient and Silver made their way to Queen Vigilance's palace to present the painting and check out her guard. Gradient wasn't really to interested in the guard, sure they were muscular, but the dragonesses in the guard were so boring and he didn't find muscular males attractive. Gradient saw the castle from afar, he looked over at Silver, who he had to help clean the scales of because he was still quite depressed after his break up and it would be rude to be messy in a queen's castle.

As Gradient landed two of the guards Greeted him, Stonecrusher and Mountainkiller, "Gradient, good to see you, is this your friend, Silver? He's quite cute, to bad he's taken." Stonecrusher said in his usual dumb and endearing way, Gradient quickly said, "Oh, actually he recently had a bad breakup, maybe you could keep him a little company while I bring Queen Vigilance her painting?"

Stonecrusher smiled and nodded as he began talking to Silver, Mountainkiller slowly lead Gradient to Queen Vigilance's throne room. Gradient couldn't help but glance at the other paintings of Queen Vigilance, none of them truly caught her beauty, the way the diamonds embedded in wings shined like stars even better than normal made Gradient feel in awe at her.

Suddenly, Mountainkiller stopped and bowed, Gradient followed quickly behind and Mountainkiller said, "Queen Vigilance, your artist is here with another painting for you." Queen Vigilance quickly nodded and said, "Yes, you are dismissed for now Mountainkiller." Mountainkiller quickly walked off.

Queen Vigilance looked down at Gradient and said, "I see you've finished your art piece, go ahead present it." Gradient nervously showed the art and began to explain it, "I-I... I um... It shows you on your th-throne laying down with the diamonds in your wings r-reflecting the light of the moons from a window near baby and um-" Queen Vigilance quickly silenced Gradient with a simple motion from her hands as she then said, "I see that Gradient, you did quite well, your payment will be handed to you by Mountainkiller soon."

Gradient nodded and said, "Th-Thank you, Queen Vigilance, but um... I... I um..." Vigilance looked at Gradient with a hint of suspicion as she then said, "Go on, spit it out." Gradient felt his face turn red as he quickly turned to the exit and said, "N-never mind, it's n-not important!" Gradient could feel Vigilance glaring at him with suspicion, it made him feel extremely flustered, but he kept walking, hoping not to make a fool of himself, he then accidentally tripped out the door. Gradient quickly got up and went to look for Silver and Mountainkiller so he could leave as soon as possible.

(Silver by Skykid762)