Chapter 4: Not Letting Go...

Start from the beginning

"Sure honey." Her eyes lit up as she ran around the kitchen counter and looked up at Mark. He smiled as he picked her up and placed her on the kitchen island. He handed her an egg and moved the bowl closer to her. Olivia carefully cracked the egg on the side of the bowl and split the egg in two, letting the eggy goodness escape from the egg and into the bowl. She shouted loudly.

"I DID IT!!!!!!"

"Yes you did honey!" He kissed her cheek. Olivia giggled as Mark picked her up and placed her back on the island stool. Mark turned on the stove as he heard his door buzz.

"Olivia, can you get the door please?" Olivia hopped off of the stool and ran to the door. She jumped to reach the lock and opened the door. There stood Sean, his wife, Emily, Sebastian and Sam, their baby husky. Olivia and Emily gasped at the same time and hugged each other pulling Sebastian in for a group hug. Olivia invited them in. Mark turned around and looked at his guests. He blushed slightly realizing what he was wearing. Pajama pants without a shirt. Sean smiled.

"Did you not get my texts?" Sean looked at him. Mark patted his pockets.

"No, my phone is on silent, upstairs. *chuckles* Sorry.." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's cool. Did you two just get up?" Sean asked.

Mark nodded, flipping Olivia's eggs into a plate. Olivia ran to the island and sat down at the stool as she started to eat.

Sean put Sam down as he barked and bounced around, wanting to play.

"Let me get dressed and we'll start the game day." Mark said as he quickly went upstairs and put on a shirt at the least and a pair of jeans. He went downstairs and put on the game console.

"So these are the games that are kid friendly that I have."

Olivia whispered in Emily and Sebastian's ears. "Let's make Mark happy."

"Can we play this one?" Emily pointed at Battleblock Theater. Mark tried to hide his smile as he looked at Olivia. Mark nodded. He put on the game and sat down on the couch. He put Olivia on his lap and kissed her cheek. As Mark played the game, he fought back tears as hard as he could, remembering all of the late game nights he had with Cassandra. He cleared his throat and picked Olivia up off of his lap and sat her on the couch.

"I'll be right back." Sean nodded as Mark quickly went upstairs to his room and locked the door.

Mark knew Olivia had good intentions when they picked the game, it is her favorite game. He sat on his bed, with his head in his hands, he fought back tears. Wanting the cage around his heart to close and have the feeling go away. He broke down in tears, not being able to stop. He laid on his bed and sighed sadly as he no longer had someone to cuddle with. He sat up and wiped his tears as he heard Sean knock on his door. He cleared his throat quickly and unlocked his door.

"You okay?" Mark thought about lying but the truth quickly came out of his mouth.

"No."

"What's wrong?" Sean asked, even though he knew what was wrong.

"I miss her man...I miss her so much..." Mark sat on his bed and cried.

"Mark...I know you miss her..." Sean had no words, he rubbed his back.

"I don't know how much longer I can do this..."

"Mark, you have to try your hardest, for Livi. Please..."

"I know..." Mark dried his tears. "I'll be down in a minute."

Sean nodded and left Mark's room. Mark sat up from his bed and looked at his wedding ring. He walked to his closet, where he kept all of her things and picked up a box. The box Cassandra had given him when they met at the airport for the first time. He pulled out a notebook that she had wrote and doodled in when they weren't together. He sat and read them with a smile. Tears of happiness came from his eyes as he read them. He put the notebook down and went downstairs. He picked Olivia up and held her on his lap. Kissing her cheek.

"I love you Livi."

"I love you too Daddy." She kissed his cheek.

~A Good Day~