4.8

I toss and turn, not feeling satisfied.

I sleep late at night, when the sun is barely an hour from rising.

When I wake up, I reckon I have not hand more than four hours of sleep. Shit! Why do I feel sleepy now?

I never felt sleepy in my real world. The reason was that I was practically a nocturnal being.

I used to sleep during the day and stay awake, writing during the night. That worked out perfect for me- more than twelve full hours of sleep. It prevented me from waking up to a hungry growl in the stomach, an urge to go stay somewhere else instead of the rat hole.

I groan and get up, pretty sure my panda bear eyes have returned.

Anyway, I go freshen up and after finishing, I make my way to Meng's camp. I see Wooyoung leaning against the cloth material, his eyes staring into void. I call Wooyoung.

"Wooyoung, I am going inside Meng's camp. You have to keep a guard outside."

He does not respond. I take his silence as a yes. I call out Meng's name as the knock system is not prevalent. I enter inside after five seconds.

"Oh! Yeeun, why so early?"

He smiles at me and I smile back. Not long after my expression turns into a snarl.

He looks surprised but does not ask.

"Who was it?"

I ask in a slow voice, wondering if he'd answer. He grabs my arms and sighs deeply. He then trails his hands upwards and grips my cheeks. "Yeeun, why do you want to get hurt so bad by knowing?"

Seeing that he will not give in, I begin to cry.

Okay, dang! I'll admit it. Those are fake tears.

Tears come easily as I am sleep deprived.

He wipes my tears and hugs me, squeezing me with his rough arms.

"Fine. I'll tell you. Don't freak out."

He sighs once again as my tears magically disappear.

"Miss Park."

I don't give any reaction. I had expected this since long ago. She bore hatred for me. Of course she would think I'm weak and want to kill me, like I was a bad influence to my own brother.

Since beginning, Yeeun had been against the idea of her and Jae together. So, she wants to get rid of the obstacle.

I look at the man in front of me who is staring into my soul.

"Thank you. I am going to take revenge on that b****."

His eyes grow wide as he never really witnessed me cursing at anyone.

I smile at him and tackle him into a hug and reciprocate the gesture of kissing his forehead with a smack sound, like he did last night.

Then I exit, leaving him shaking his head at me and failed attempts at wiping away at the place I just pecked.

I smirk back at him.

When I go outside, I see Wooyoung. He again looks sad-

No, angry-

Wait, I can't pinpoint.

He clenches the hem of his shirt brutally. He fists his other hand so that nails dig into his skin.

"Wooyoung, you okay?"

He finally notices me as his gaze burns holes in my head.

"Uh... You're making me nervous. Something happened?"