Chapter 9- Between You & I

Few days later

     It was Monday, and Kelly was at school arranging her locker materials. She got her English book ready although it wasn't first class yet. She's always prepared for classes as soon as possible, so she gets the books she only needs the whole day. She walked through the hallways, waving hi to her fellow schoolmates. Until she got grabbed and pulled inside a classroom.

  "GAH! WHAT THE HECK!?" Kelly exclaimed.

     The door was closed by the person who pulled Kelly inside. The person turned the lights on as she was in dismay. It turns out it was the midnight hair colored girl who Kelly used to have a crush on. However, Lacey seemed like she was in a hurry. She needed to warn something Kelly wasn't told about at all.

  "Kelly, you gotta listen to me." Lacey said in dismay.

  "Lacey? What's going on?" Kelly asked in confusion.

  "Something's definitely up with Jenna and Jordan. And it's not good either." Lacey said.

  "Aren't you partners in crime with Jordan?" Kelly asked.

  "Maybe, but this is a lot more serious than you think." Lacey said.

  "Okay.. so what's going on with them?" Kelly asked.

  "I overheard an argument between Jenna and Jordan before. But it wasn't the one at school with Jordan and Lionel. It was something else, but yet I can't really tell. All I know is that Jordan found a candle that's black, and has red flames every time it's lit up." Lacey explained briefly.

  "Oh my.. does Jenna know about this?" Kelly asked.

  "It's her candle! Then again she didn't see it fall." Lacey said.

  "Ah.. alright, thanks for letting me know, Lacey." Kelly sighed.

  "No problem, I'll see you at Music class second subject, bye." Lacey said as she left the room and waved.

  "Alright, see you too Lacey." Kelly said in a concerned expression.

     Kelly left the room, still feeling a bit concerned and confused on what Lacey told her. Jenna was one of Kelly's friends, but Kelly wasn't sure if she should be on any of their sides. So for now she was only a mediator of this situation. She needed more evidence before picking a side to live in. So for now, she planned to eavesdrop on Jenna at lunch time.

     Kelly went to her next class, and it turns out Jenna was with her in that class. In case Jenna wanted to ask Kelly to join her at lunch, she pretended she was busy at that time, and needed to decline. Jenna actually did approach Kelly before their class started. But, she didn't ask to eat at lunch or anything.

  "Hey Kelly! Sorry, I can't eat with you at lunch later. Maybe another time?" Jenna asked.

  "Oh! Sure no problem! I'm kinda busy too." Kelly said.

  "Hahah, we sure have full schedules!" Jenna chuckled nervously.

  "True.. but I'll see you later if I can, ok?" Kelly asked suspiciously.

  "Oh, alright! See you, and talk to you later!" Jenna waved as she went back to her seat.

     Kelly was still a bit suspicious since she noticed the tone of voice change when Jenna spoke. She definitely knew something was up to Jenna. It also seemed like Lacey was actually right about her all along. But yet, Kelly's still neutral since Lacey was also suspicious back there. Lacey's normally not the person to warn someone about something. So why was she open to warning about it now?