I grabbed the door of my parent's car and I heard a click. I yanked on the door. Crap. Why was it locked? "MOM!"

            "You're walking, you fat-hippo!"

            "But Mom!"

            "If you don't get off my property in two minutes, I'm going to call the cops for trespassing!" Mom yelled back. You might think she was joking but she's not. She really did call the cops on me before and I was stuck in county jail for a whole weekend till she paid the bail. I grabbed my old bike, which I hadn't touched since I was 16. I threw Jackie onto the front handle and slammed a helmet on her head. Safety first, children!

***

            It took us an hour to ride this damn bike to the fucking mall. My legs burned as well as the rest of my body because I kept falling over. I was covered in sweat all thanks to my mom. I'm trying to steal a girl from my best friend and I'm going to do it while covered in sweat? This is one for the books, ladies.

            Jackie jumped off the bike, "Man, you need to work out."

            "Shut up." I huffed, trying to catch my breath. I grabbed her hand after I got my breath and walked through the automatic doors. Damn, where the hell is she?

            Actually, how in the hell am I going to find her in this huge ass mall?

Eliot's POV

            "Haha, really?" I laughed.

            Demarko nodded, "My pants wasn't the only thing was too big. My boxers were too."

            I laughed harder, imagining a younger version of Demarko standing on the side of the road trying to impress a girl and having all his clothes (pants and boxers) fall off in front of her. How sad and hilarious! "You're hilarious, Demarko."

            He shrugged, "I'm glad you like it. But I hope you like me as much as I like you."

            My breath hitched, "I like you but I don't know if I'm ready for..."

            "I understand. I'm sorry. I don't want this to change anything between us."

            I smiled, "It doesn't."

            "Good, let's go get something to eat." His hand slipped out of his pocket and his fingers brushed mine. For a moment I thought he was going to grasp my hand, and honestly I wouldn't mind but of course SOMEONE had to ruin the moment. And you could ask who that SOMEONE was, right?

            SOMEONE was some random hobo. The hobo grabbed my hand and pressed a slobbery kiss on my hand, "Spare some change miss?"

            I pulled a quarter out of my pocket and gave it to him. Ew. Hobos creep me out. I took out some hand sanitizer and wiped it all over my hand.

            "You carry hand sanitizer?" Demarko chuckled.

            "Hell yea. In moments like this and didn't you hear about H1N1?"

            He laughed and went to grab my hand again when I heard a little voice scream out, "ELIOT!"

            I turned around and suddenly, the floor was against my face. Jackie sat on top of me, grinning like a wild six year old. She grabbed my cheeks and squeezed them together making my face look like a fish. Demarko picked up Jackie and smiled, "Jackie! What are you doing here?"

            "I'm with my bitch," She squealed.

            Demarko's eyes widened and so did mine. I kinda felt like laughing but of course hearing a six year old say this is not funny at all (HAHAHAHAHHA). I bet it is all Liam's doing.

            "Dammit!" I heard Liam curse as he sauntered over to us. He looked like a fell off a cliff. Twice, "I told you not to say that word anymore, Jackie."

            Demarko let Jackie go and all she did was giggle, "I know but people's expressions are funny!"

            "I don't care. Stop saying it!"

            "What are you doing here?" I asked Liam. He was following me. That stalker! I know I'm hot but giving me all this attention is going to make me ego equal the size of the earth.

            Liam glanced at me, "Uh... we needed some milk."

            "You go to the grocery store to get milk. Not the mall, dude." Demarko said.

            Liam growled, "We need to talk, dude."

            "No we don't." Demarko argued, "Why don't I take you home, Eliot?"

            "Why don't you two talk it out first?" I asked, grabbing hold of Jackie and walking away. Both of those dudes were creeping me out lately. They obviously know something I don't know.

            "What do you think is going on over there?" I asked Jackie as we sat by the fountain, watching Demarko and Liam going at each other's throats.

            Jackie shrugged, swinging her feet into the water, "Boy stuff."

            "So, tell me about you and Nick."

            Jackie groaned, "Ew!"

            I laughed, "I think you guys are cute."

            "Nick looks like a worm. Are worms cute?"

            "Sometimes." I muttered.

            "Ew! You're such a boy. Let's go play Barbie when we get home, okay? I'll teach you how to be a girl."

            Jackie doesn't know what's coming if she thinks being a girl is wearing princess outfits and playing in mud. Wait till she gets her period. She seems like the type of girl to experience extreme PMS.

            Finally Demarko and Liam settled things and they both came over, "Is your little girly dispute over?"

            "Yeah, now we're going to get our nails done." Liam said sarcastically.

            "Fun, can we join?" I snapped back.

            Demarko smirked, "I'm going to take you home, okay?"

            "Oh, thank God. Can I stick my bike in your trunk?" Liam asked, looking relieved.

            Demarko's smirk widened, "I never said I'd drive you. Jackie and Eliot can come along. Have fun riding your bike."

            "Motherfucker," Liam growled.

            Jackie frowned, "What does that mean?"

            "My, won't your mom be proud of all the new words you learned today?" I laughed, following Demarko out of the mall.

            Karma was a bitch.

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN!!!