Merry Christmas? 🎄

8
Merry Christmas? 🎄

~Timeless Love~ 🕰️🪖

Warnings: mentions of abuse, mentions of bruisesWord Count: 2,7k

Word Count: 2,7k

20th December 1933

STEVE'S POV

"Steve, for heaven's sake, hurry up. I'm freezing my butt off, here," my best friend, Bucky complains and it drives me absolutely nuts how he's jumping from one leg to the other and rubbing his hands together to be a bit warmer.

This winter is especially tough and most of the time we're only having 24°F. The worst thing is that we don't even have much snow; it's just cold.

We're, or well, I'm looking at a jewelry shop window, trying to decide the most beautiful necklace I could give y/n for Christmas this year, which is in four days. She and her sister and mother have been celebrating the last Christmases at our place to get away from her father.

Ever since she told me about the abuse and I've seen her bruises and wounds, I've tried to get her away from her father as much as possible. Besides, it's a good excuse to spend time with her.

For some odd reason, since I've seen her with this Rafe guy and I completely bursted from jealousy, my feelings for her have only gotten bigger to the point I get a huge swarm of butterflies in my stomach just when she's looking at me. I'm down bad.

But this is why I'm so determined to get her the best of the best. She deserves it, and I've been working in my neighbor's garden the last year to finally have enough money to afford this. No matter how hot or cold it was and if it rained or the sky was cloudless; every day I was there and pruning the bushes or cleaning the driveway.

"I'm being precise," I mumble and my eyes wander from one necklace to the next. Shit, does she wear more gold or silver jewelry? Why do I not remember the way her earrings look? "You're being an idiot," Bucky groans and wraps his coat tighter around his freezing body, "just get her a necklace, not that hard"

"I don't want to get her just a necklace. She deserves the best." I faintly hear Bucky mumble, "oh my god."

"Look," he starts and gives me an annoyed

look, but I don't pay attention to that, "it's just a necklace. Buy the cheapest and we're good." And this is why he has no luck with girls.

Okay to be fair, I'm not better but my gut tells me I have a better shot now than I've ever had. Girls want to get spoiled, to be shown off. Buying the cheapest isn't gonna get Bucky closer to a date with Mary. "Do you have something for Mary for Christmas?," I ask while walking inside the store, I've come to a conclusion.

Bucky laughs which earns him a confused look from me, "hell no. I don't even have something for my sister. The only woman who gets something from me this year is my mom."