twelve

Hidden
S1 - 03
ℒ𝓊𝒸𝓀𝓎 ℬ𝒶𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝒹𝓈
° . * 𓆝° . °  . * ● ¸

--THE POGUES WERE AT THE DOCK,

...submerged underwater, putting the drone through its paces beneath the surface.

Madison, John B, and Kiara plunged to the depths, swimming alongside the drone as they tested its capabilities underwater.

Well, more like Pope testing it...

He remained seated, controlling the drone, while JJ crouched beside him, his hands resting on his knees as he observed their friends waving at the camera.

JJ couldn't tear his gaze away from Madison, clad in a vibrant yellow bathing suit that accentuated her curves. Temptation surged within him, the desire to run his hands all over her bo-

He quickly quashed his thoughts, reminding himself that he couldn't think of Madison in that way.

Or could he?

JJ quickly averted his eyes away from the girl, placing them onto Pope. "What would we do without you to control the drones, Pope?"

As the blonde spoke, the rest of their friends had ascended to the surface to catch some fresh air. JJ straightened up from his crouched position and walked over to lean against the railing, his gaze fixed on his friends above, particularly Madison.

"It's not a drone. It's an ROV." Pope corrected the blonde.

"Shut up. Shut up." JJ began, "it's too early for that right now."

"Hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim." John B said, grabbing the groups attention.

"It's bullshit. Why do we have to do that?" JJ questioned as he rolled his eyes.

Finally, Pope stood up and following JJ's actions to leaning against the railing as he spoke.

"Well, there is maritime salvage law." He began, "you can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up."

"I know. I know. It's just lawyers aren't cheap, bro."

"As soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp." John B informs them.

"How do you know all of that?" Kiara pondered.

"Cause Dad said it, like, a million times." Madison rolled her eyes as she tried to float on her back.

"Yeah, that's fair." Kiara sighed as she glided through the water towards the ladder. Perched on the ladder, Kiara gazed upwards at JJ and Pope.

John B and Madison remained in the water, side by side.