THE VISIT

Chapter 17

Katsen

"I know you must be wondering why I called. Well, let's say I want to meet with you. You can choose wherever you want. It is fine with me". Katelyn spoke from the other line of the phone

"We can meet in my office if that is okay with you". I replied.

"Ok then. Your office it is. I will be there shortly". She disconnected the call.

I don't know how she got my number or why she wants to meet with me. Whatever reason it might be. I am not interested. She can have Grey for all I care. After all, I was the one who came between them.

I know that Grey loves me. And I loved him too. But, there was no way I would allow myself to come between him and Katelyn.

Talking about love. I don't know. I know what I feel for Grey is pure love. But, for Michael? I don't know if it is love or lust.

He treats me nicely. He has been good to me. He makes me feel like I can trust him. He has never given me any reason to doubt his love for me.

The best I can at least do is to show him that I care.

*******

"I guess you have something to say to me". As I looked at Katelyn who was busy looking around my office.

"Wow. This restaurant must have cost a fortune. You are one lucky woman. Do you know that?". Katelyn commented sarcastically.

"I am sure you have not come here to talk about my office. So, let's get straight to the point. Why do you want to meet with me? I asked and folded my arms around my chest.

"Sweetheart, what else? To talk". She said.

"Talk about what? If I may ask" I raised my brow

"About us of course. You surely don't think that after the drama Grey caused that day. I will be quiet". She smirked

"So, what do you want?" I asked again losing my patience already.

She leaned forward and straightened her spine. "You and I know that even if you decided to leave Grey. He surely won't let you be. I know that Grey is in love with you. And I know you love him too. Unfortunately, I am also in love with him and I can't let him go. Even if he decides to leave me. It will cost him his company". She paused. And exhaled.

"And why would he lose his company?" I scowled

"Because my dear, my father happened to be the largest shareholder in Grey's company. He knows that Grey and I are together and he is happy about it. If, Grey leaves me for you. It will cost him a lot and I don't think you and I will want that to happen. So, here is the deal. Let me share him with you. And we can all be happy ". She smirked again.

I rested back on my chair and tried to digest the information I just got from this woman. I knew that Grey loved me a lot. There was no doubt about that. It's just that sometimes, the things we want are things we can not get.

I am not a selfish person. Regardless of his love for me. I will always be the second woman in his life.

Grey had planned it all. He knew that he could not leave Katelyn even if he tried. But, he wanted me to get used to his relationship with her and that was the reason he bought the mansion for me. He wants to own me. He only wants me as his mistress.

Now I get it. It's all cleared now.

"Thanks so much for all the information. And thank you for the offer. But my answer is no. I reject your offer. I don't share". And she looked furious

"I am sure you want to rethink your decision. If you truly love him as you claim. You will accept my offer. I think you need time to think about ...". I interrupted her.

"There is nothing to think about. I have made my decision. And a point of correction. I never claimed anything. What I had with Grey was something I can't put into words. But, one thing is sure. There is no us. I am in another relationship that I value a lot. I don't want Grey Katelyn. If I knew that he had a girlfriend. I wouldn't go into any relationship with him. So, don't worry. You can have him". I concluded

Her expression went blank for a second before she replied "It seems you don't know Grey, my dear. He won't give up without a fight. If you are referring to Michael. Then, I want you to know that you are just about to start a war. Don't be foolish and agree to my proposal". She disagreed.

"You are such a lucky woman to be the one woman in Grey's and Michael's life. These men can kill for you Katsen. And, the only way you can stop this madness is to accept my offer. Think. I will leave you to think about it. Call me when you change your mind". She stood up and walked out of my office.

There was something scary about what she said. I just hope I am doing the right thing.

I believe there should be a way out of this mess. But, staying with Grey is not an option.

I never asked for this. I don't even know how I got myself into this love triangle. Dear lord. Help me.

I decided to focus on work. While doing that. Someone I never wanted to see just walked into my office without knocking.

Grey

From the look on his face. I don't think he knows that Katelyn was here. He kept looking at me with an unknown emotion.

"What are you doing here". I asked while standing up from my chair.

His two hands were tucked in his suit pants pockets. He looked at me like, I've got two heads but I don't care.

"That is no way to receive your husband-to-be". He smirked

What nonsense is he saying?