Helpless

ARLO

I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. It was a dry, hot night and it was finally me and Calvin's first date. I couldn't wait much longer. He had been acting a little strange, which I didn't know if it was because of the date or if he wasn't feeling good, whether it was mentally or physically. I wanted him to be okay, but if he wasn't, I wanted to help him. I locked the door, got into my car, and drove to Calvin's house. Once I got there, he opened the door for me and helped me into the car, not like I needed it, but it was still appreciated. It was a really cute and romantic gesture, and we were about to go on a date. We didn't even plan this date, it was Niccarrahh's doing, which I was eternally grateful for. She called herself a Carlo, which she didn't think I'd understand, but it was a ship name between Calvin and I. Calvin and I still hadn't finished the movie night the girls so rudely interrupted, but I couldn't be mad about because I am going on a date with the man of my dreams, after all.

"How was your day been so far, my love?" I asked this with a little smile. I made sure that the words 'my love' tagged along. I wanted to make him blush, it was the cutest thing I had (and have) ever seen. It worked, he was blushing a light shade of red.

"Good. Really good. I've been excited for our date since we got it planned. Also, I really like your outfit." I was wearing light purple, pastel, wide leg pants and a white dress shirt. I had on a Castiel necklace and I was carrying a purple and white striped tote bag. He had black ripped jeans, a sky blue cardigan, a black and white striped shirt, a brown mini book bag, and my favorite, his glasses. Usually, he would wear his contacts, but today, for my sake, he wore his glasses. I, personally, think he looks super hot with glasses, but that's my personal opinion. He knew this, and he disagreed but decided not to fight it. His glasses made him look serious, yet elegant. We were sitting in the car in silence for a few minutes until he connected his phone. He pulled up Spotify and handed his phone to me.

"You can either pick a song from the theater kids line-up playlist and hit shuffle or you can just pick each song." He trusted me enough with aux, and his phone? It had only been two months since we met, and he already trusted me and liked me. I started by playing 'Helpless', which fit the romantic mood, and it was one of my favorite songs in Hamilton. I wanted to set the mood.

"Good choice... I really like this song." He was trying to make small talk. We hung out a lot, so it shouldn't be awkward, but since it was our first official date, it was so very awkward. I wanted to tell him that it was okay, and that I was nervous too. I wanted us to just be normal again. Eventually, we would go back to normal, but now, we were awkward on the topic of romance and friendship. I wanted to be his boyfriend, but I also wanted us to drop the small-talk and to just be back to normal, with romance added, of course. I grabbed his hand as he drove, trying to ease the nerves. I didn't know if I was making it better or worse, but it made me feel better. He squeezed my hand once. I didn't know if he meant that he loved me, or if he was just doing that. I didn't squeeze it back, but I did kiss his hand. A few minutes later, we pulled into the driveway of the cabin. The cabin was owned by Emmy's family. Em and I used to come here when we were kids to hang out. I just kind of looked around for a second, taking in the air and thinking of all the great memories I had here growing up. They were pleasant. Even when I got injured here, it was still a great day, because I was with Emmy and I was having fun. Calvin kissed my hand and we walked onto the property, where Em was already starting the fire. Nic was watching her intently, seeming to just admire Em. Niccarrahh was always very observant, and she seemed to really like Emmy. Let me rephrase that, she was head over heels, for Emmy. I tried to let everything just fall into place between them, but it was hard to stand by when they were both incredibly secretive about their feelings, which you got used to after a while, and you were able to see through it. But they were both so caught up in their feelings for each other, they can't see the other persons feelings. I'd usually tell Em that Nic was staring at her, or whatever had happened. I didn't necessarily likeinterfering, but when they were both being so extremely oblivious, it seemed I had to.