driver dinner 💫

one week before the Grand Prix 2024 begins.

one week before March 2, 2024

one week before bahrain

Lawrence Stroll had hosted a dinner at a cruise resort near Monaco. He invited all the drivers, their loved ones, team principals, and their families. The event was a chance for everyone to relax and socialise before the high-pressure race week. So naturally, I had to go—not for the socialising part but for the food. 

I entered the cruise with my father, stepmother, and little brother and was immediately met by Kelly scolding Penelope for spilling apple juice on herself while Penelope was pouting and throwing tantrums. " I'll see you guys later " I said to my family and walked towards Kelly and P.

Kelly looked up and smiled, relieved to have some adult conversation after dealing with Penelope's antics. I engulfed Kelly in a hug, which she happily returned. I bent down to reach P and kissed her forehead. "How has my princess been ?" I asked, smiling. P giggled, kissed my cheek, and said, "I missed you, Aunty Rory.'' I missed you too, I said, chuckling.

"Where's maxie?" I asked Kelly, standing up.

"He's with Daniel, Carlos, Lando, and others," Kelly replied.

Tell me where. I haven't met anyone in so long, I say. "I'll take you to them," Kelly said, leading the way towards where Max and the others were gathered. 

I saw Lewis, Max, George, Lando, Oscar, Carlos, Daniel, and Charles all sitting around a big round table.

" I mean, I genuinely wouldn't want to be the guy to date Toto Wolff's daughter," said Charles, laughing.

"I mean, I genuinely think you wouldn't be able to be the guy to date Toto Wolff's daughter." I said, smiling politely.

Hearing my voice, everyone turned to look at me. I was standing exactly behind Charles' seat. Lewis immediately got you and came to hug me. "I missed you, Lew" I said against his hug, my voice coming out muffled. Lewis hugged me tightly and whispered, "I missed you too, and for fucks sake, stop calling me that." I chuckled and pulled away from the hug, giving Lewis a playful look. "Alright, alright, but you secretly love it," I said with a grin.

"Btw, everybody, this is Aurora Wolff, in case some of you don't know her." Lewis said, eyeing Charles.

"Maxieee," I said excitedly, and I walked towards Max. He banged his head against the table and groaned, ''You need to stop using that nickname." He stood up, looked at me, and said playfully, "You have put on some weight." I put a hand on my chest and gasped, feigning hurt. "You wound me, Verstappen." Max chuckled and pulled me into a tight hug, whispering in my ear, "Just kidding, you look great." I rolled my eyes and shoved him away slightly.

"Rrrrrroraaaa," I heard a voice behind me say cheerfully adturned and quite literally jump in his arms, exclaiming "dannnnyyyy.". Danny spun me around in a circle, laughing, "Missed you, Aurora." I laughed and hugged him tightly, feeling grateful for his presence. "I missed you too, Danny," I replied with a smile. 

After meeting everyone else, I sat down between Lewis and Daniel, just opposite Charles. We all had dinner, and I caught up with everyone, but I felt a pair of eyes looking at me as if trying to make sense out of me, piece me together, and I knew who that was. I just didn't have the courage to look back, scared of what he might find in my eyes if he looked carefully.

Eventually, I made my way to the deck, needing a bit of fresh air. I leaned against the railing, taking in the serene view of the Mediterranean. I heard the sound of footsteps coming closer and stopping right next to me without looking anywhere else. I asked, "Do you really not remember me? " hurt, and hesitation was evident in my voice.