Chapter 2: new kid

I woke up early to make sure I was ready for school. First impressions are everything to me because of my past, I just want everyone to like me and hopefully make some friends. I got out of the shower and put on my outfit for the day, a pair of ripped jeans and a blue polo shirt. I went downstairs and my mom was already down there making breakfast and my dad was reading the paper and sipping his coffee. "You're up early, Lucas," my mom said. "Yea I just wanted to get an early start to make sure I look nice for today, I'm super excited to make friends' '. I said cheerfully. "Don't worry, Lucas, you're a happy bubbly person who wouldn't want to be your friend?". My mom kissed the top of my head after she spoke. I quickly ate breakfast and walked to school. "Wow," I exclaimed , this school was huge. I wasn't paying attention and ran into someone. "Oops, I'm sorry" I quickly apologized. "You're fine," said a short girl with black hair and purple bangs. She was beautiful, she had emerald green eyes, she was short and her voice was like listening to birds sing a sweet song. "You're the new kid right?" she asked. "Y-yea i am" i shyly said with a light tint of blush on my cheeks. "Well im lilly, what's your name?" she sweetly asked. "I'm Lucas," I said , shaking her soft tiny hand. "Well since you're new i'll show you around. And do you want to be friends?" she had a cute innocent look on her face as she asked. "Yes, i would love that" in my head i was screaming i made my first friend and she happened to be a cute girl.

She showed me my first class, which was also her class. It turned out we had all the same classes. She was also a cheerleader and volunteers at animal shelters in her free time. After school ended I walked her home, she gave me a hug before saying, "i'll see you tomorrow". I happily skipped home. My parents were in the living room watching television. "Hey son, how 's your day?" my dad asked. "It was amazing I even made a friend!" I happily exclaimed. "Oh really what's his name?" "well i blushed, her name is lilly". "Ooh it's a girl?" my mom said in a flirty tone. "Yes and she's super sweet, she's a cheerleader and she volunteers at an animal shelter, she's perfect" I said happily. "Well said my dad, I think it's time i told you something" after twenty minutes I was traumatized from the conversation we just had. Yea i never want that to happen again. And plus we were just friends after all.

As I sat at my desk listening to music and drawing I scribbled over my drawing as I couldn't stop thinking about her, so I accidentally started drawing her. Lilly was perfect in every way, okay maybe I had a tiny crush on her but only a little. I decided to just go to sleep excited to see her tomorrow. "Lucas! Wake up and get ready for school" My mom called from the kitchen. I got up and took a shower. I decided to put more effort into my outfit to impress lilly. I wore a pair of black ripped jeans, a white tank top and a leather jacket. I sprayed some of my dad's cologne on myself and went downstairs. "Wow Lucas, you're really dressing to impress today. Is it for that girl, lilly?" My mom said teasingly. "Mom!" I groaned. "No..." I said lying. "Okay then" my mom dropped the topic But I knew she knew that I was lying.

"Hi!" Lilly said excitedly as she ran to hug me. I blushed and hugged her back. "How are you?" I asked as we ended the hug. "I'm doing good, I have cheerleading tryouts today." She said happily. "Oh wait, that's right, today is Tuesday I have football tryouts today, I hope you get the spot." I said trying to sound cool and sincere the whole time. "Thank you, I hope you get in too, that way we can see each other more" she smiled as we arrived at the gates of the school. I took a deep breath and walked in with her, I had most people staring as I knew I looked good today and I was walking with the most popular and prettiest girl in our grade.

** Hey guys sorry for not posting the second chapter for a while. I got busy with school, and I have a color guard clinic tomorrow but I'll try to post every Monday and Friday. But let me know if you have any suggestions for the story or if I made any mistakes in my spelling or Grammar. And a quick question: are my chapters long enough? I don't want to make them too long but I feel like they're too shortBut thank you all for reading. The next update will most likely be on friday,17,2024, and if not then count on it to be posted on monday,20,2024. But it will most likely be posted Friday.**