Chapter28: Fairly Odd Summer Camp

Start from the beginning

Blitz retreated as Millie swiftly closed in from the opposite direction. Feinting with her left, she followed through with a punch from her right, connecting with his face. He staggered backward, clutching his injured cheek, while his sunglasses bore a crack where the blow had landed, a trickle of dark blood oozing from the wound.

Without giving him a moment to gather his bearings, she launched another punch, but this time Ragtag managed to block it before slashing at her with his knife, forcing her to retreat.

Millie: "Please, Ben, snap out of it"

She pleaded before preparing another punch. However, this only seemed to fuel his anger. He swiftly caught her punch aimed for his chest, using her momentum to forcefully spin her around. As she stumbled off balance, he quickly moved behind her and locked her in a chokehold.

Blitz attempted to intervene, but Ragtag's tail straightened, halting Blitz in his tracks. With a swift motion, Ragtag lashed out, striking Blitz across the face like a whip before finally being pushed away by Barbie.

Barbie Wire: "Keep your hands off him!"

Millie writhed in Ragtag's chokehold, her face growing increasingly blue from the lack of oxygen.

Millie pleaded, "B-Ben... Please, it's me, Millie! Your friend..."

Despite her desperate wheezing, Ragtag, still under Barbie's charm, remained unmoved.

Realizing her options were dwindling, Millie summoned all her remaining strength and delivered a sharp jab to his gut. Ragtag staggered back, clutching his stomach, releasing Millie who collapsed to the ground, gasping for air.

Meanwhile, Blitz swiftly cocked his flintlock, prioritizing killing the target first then dealing with Ben. Taking aim at Jimmy, who cowered in a corner, trembling with fear, Blitz prepared to paint the wall red with his brain matter. However, in the nick of time, Barbie tackled him to the ground, causing his shot to go astray and blast a hole in the roof instead.

Barbie Wire: "Go to hell, Blitzo!"

Barbie Wire growled as she pinned him to the ground, eliciting a grimace from him.

Blitz: "I will, if you'd just let me send him there with me too!"

Attempting to discreetly retrieve a dagger from his pocket while facing Barbie, Blitz was unaware that Ragtag's keen eyes had caught his movement. Ragtag sprang into action to stop him, but was abruptly seized by his tail, causing him to stumble to the ground. His neck snapped back to see Millie rubbing her sore neck with one hand and gripping his tail with the other.

Millie: "Missed me?"

Enraged, Ragtag's face contorted with anger as his tail suddenly coiled around her wrist, lifting her into the air before slamming her back down, knocking the wind out of her. Releasing his grip, he turned his attention back to Blitz, but it was too late.

Blitz: "Say hello to my little friend, you bastard"

With a swift motion, Blitz hurled the dagger, and time seemed to stretch as Barbie's neck twisted to track its trajectory. Ragtag sprinted forward, reaching out to grasp it.

He was inches away, his claws grazing the pommel, as time resumed its normal pace. The dagger accelerated, striking Jimmy squarely in the face. Blood spurted from the wound as he collapsed to the ground, lifeless, leaving everyone in stunned silence.

As Barbie remained in shock, Blitz
Slithered free from her grasp, rising to his feet and cautiously edging away.

But he didn't get far before Barbie noticed him and letting out a furious shout.