《28》Entanglement

cover art by  h0pe.lez 

.

.

.

.

.

...8:15 PM...

Outside the Veil, Tokyo Metro Shibuya Station Exit #13

Team Nanami has crossed paths with Koji Hiruma.

"Detective...?" Takuma Ino echoes, blinking as his eyes squint up to read the Department ID that Hiruma was showing them. He read it, sweating a bit. With squinted eyes, his eyes stare back and forth from the picture ID and towards Hiruma. After a while, Takuma confirms his doubt.  

"Doesn't seem like he's lying," Takuma speaks with a shrug, convinced about Hiruma's identity,  "The ID looks legit,"

On the other hand, Nanami Kento, did not say anything--rather he was unsure. His umber eyes narrow behind his wide rimmed glasses, staring down at the said detective with uncertainty.

'Private Detective...' Nanami muses, 'Why is a Private Detective doing out here...? And he knows that we're Jujutsu Sorcerers...'

Nanami takes a quick glance at Megumi, a young student whom he has taken in for his team, 'Whoever this guy may be...I cannot allow any harm to the kid,' He steadies himself, upholding a defensive stance. He did not want to put Megumi in harm's way, not under his evaluation. 

Hiruma notices Nanami's wary eyes, as if he would attack him at any given moment. 

'They're still suspicious...I need to break this tension,' Hiruma sweats, peering the three of them. Two of them seem awfully familiar, well he recognized the student that stood with a perplexed expression. He can see the family resemblance. 

'That's Megumi...' Hiruma recalls the pictures that Haru eagerly showed him. Her younger cousin from her father's side, Megumi Fushiguro. The boy was also fallen victim of the Zen'In Clan, and Gojo was in charge of that boy.

'That boy is the reason why Haruka got entangled with Jujutsu Sorcerers...'

Even now, Hiruma was still unsure if he can trust them, especially that Gojo fellow. Though he knew not to distrust someone simply because of what their ancestors did, it was still plausible for the same thing to happen again. History sometimes always has the keen to repeat itself. 

'Then...he must be Nanami Kento,' He looks towards the blonde sorcerer, the one who seemed like he could attack him at any given moment. He matched the description that Haru gave him.

Hiruma did not want to reveal Haruka's identity, but with this tension, Hiruma had no other choice. 

"You're...Nanami Kento right?" Hiruma speaks, staring at the one with the suit. He then directs his gaze towards the student, "And...you're Megumi Fushiguro,"

Megumi stiffens, "D-Do I know you?"

Nanami takes this as cue to stand before Megumi protectively, his umber eyes glaring at the detective. Hiruma raises his arms in defense, trying to look as harmless as possible. A cold sweat passes his cheek, revealing his relationship with Haruka was his only option to clear this misunderstanding.

"Haruka Andō! I know her!" 

Both Megumi and Nanami flinch upon that name...a man whom they did not know has uttered her name.