Chapter 5 ( Match Day)

**IPL Finals Match Day**
Mumbai
1:30 pm
Wankhede Stadium

MI vs KKR

Krithika Malhotra

It's about 20 to 30 minutes before the match begins, me and Dhriti get settled into the stadium's family box, waiting for the match to begin.

Rahul is wearing the MI Jersey sitting to my left while, Dhriti is herself aswell has having made me wear the team Jersey, this season both Aryan and Viraj played with MI, and their hard work has definitely paid off.

I could see the players of both teams on the pitch practicing before having to go back to the pavilion waiting for the toss.

Dhriti of course was busy, clicking selfies and posting stories on her social media, being a PR firm owner, she says it's important to stay active on her social medias and in turn build a following. Which I admire, it does show she takes her work seriously. I mean that girl is always on top of Internet trends and lingo.

Looking around, I could see several familiar faces, not of people I knew but well known people such as team owners, public figures and of course the players families.

I look around to maybe spot viraj's family. I haven't seen aunty and Vibhuti in awhile, but I couldn't seem to spot them anywhere.
I furrow my brows a little in confusion and ask,
"Dhrit, did Viraj and Aryan's families not come?"
I say, to which Dhriti turns and replies in a joking tone.

"Bhai, apne aur mere in-laws se Milne ki itni jaldi hai?", I widen my eyes at this at slightly hit her arm a little to tell her off.

"I'm being serious yaar, finals is a pretty big deal"
I say and Dhriti replies, "hmm, but they couldn't make it, I talked to vibhuti this morning she was so bummed, she has some work for her phd thesis toh she couldn't come and aunty is always reluctant to leave vibhuti alone , considering you know she might burn the house down or something" she chuckles and continues, "Aryan's parents moved to the uk a few years ago, they did attend a few matches when they were visiting, but had to fly back last month" she finishes and takes a sip of water.

We look back to the field to see the toss occurring,
KKR win and choose to bat first, and the match commences.

The innings end, and KKR put up a score of 137/9 , and now beings the time for MI to bat.

The openers enter the stadium, and at first things seem steady, until slowly all three top order batsmen are out.

Up next Aryan steps on the field, and Dhriti being a supportive partner immediately lights up and starts cheering.

Aryan holds a partnership with his teammate Satyam, before Satyam unfortunately gets out on an LBW.

Now out comes Viraj, and Dhriti looks at me, while I just roll my eyes and clap.

Viraj and Aryan's partnership, lasts a steady while and they gather a good amount of runs, enough to make the match a nail biter for the last two overs now become crucial.

(Author pov:I do not know cricket lingo at all lol so forgive me)

Their swiftness in taking runs, proves to be a great help for them to steal singles.

In the end, their efforts pay off, as MI wins the ipl final by a close margin of 2 runs with 4 balls to spare. The post match presentations take place, both Aryan and Viraj are given the shared title of 'man of the match', for their equal contributions deserving of recognition.

Dhriti, Rahul and I wait out the pavilion patiently awaiting the players to come out after having done celebrating with each other in the dressing rooms.

Soon enough the overjoyed players, after having thanked and congratulated each member of their team from the coaches, to team management, head out to where the three of us are standing with smiles plastered on our faces beaming of pride for the way they played today.