03 oh my tea trays!

"Oh, I am late!" Walter Rabbit cries and shoves his way past the bustling crowd of tourney members. They pay him no attention as he runs onto the field to see Tabitha Hare and Ally Kingsleigh waiting for him. The daughters of The March Hare and Alice exchange knowing glances as he joins them. He is definitely nervous.

The teenage boy always stands tall and proud. He is known for his perfect posture, delicate hands, crisp outfits tailored just for him, and his abnormally white hair. But today he is an absolute wreck. His normal button down is replaced with a baggy red T shirt and black jeans.

He holds his phone tightly in his hands, so tight his knuckles turn white. "I'm late! I'm late because someone locked me in the supply closet!" He wails and rests his head in his palm.

Tabitha grins mischievously, knowing it was her doing, and nudges Ally's shoulder. "You know, Walt, you could always just ask her normally."

The blonde girl swoons mentally as she continues to stare at Walter. Her aching crush on him never seems to go away. Despite her knowing he isn't interested, she still feels the painful hurt of love. She can't help but be jealous of Tilly. Tilly doesn't love Walter, but Ally does.

She often finds herself comparing the two of them. Her eyes aren't as pretty as hers, her teeth are bigger; everything she wants, Tilly has. Why does she feel that way?

After all, she is the daughter of the Alice. Shouldn't that mean something to Walter?

"Tilly loves crazy things, so this must be crazy!" His accent cuts his words lightly as his voice gets higher. He feels lightheaded as he looks over to see the big display of Wonderland items placed sloppily around.

There are two certain things about Walter Rabbit: he hates being late, and he despises messes.

"What is that!" He screeches, making Tabitha wince in pain at the sharpness of his voice. The daughter of the March Hare is absolutely stunning. She has beautiful chocolate skin, dark black braided hair, a mole above her eyebrow, and countless tattoos snaking down her arms.

The tattoos represent Wonderland. Broken watches, tea sets, pastries with words on them, a cheshire smile, etc..

"Oh my tea trays!" A happy voice squeals, making the three Wonderlandians turn to see the daughter of the Mad Hatter. A streak of orange rushes forward to inspect the items before her.

"Um... Hi?" Walter scratches his neck awkwardly when Tilly turns to him. Sure, she doesn't like him like he would want her to. But, she is thrilled someone would want to even consider her as their date.

"Will you go to the Cotillion with me?" He rushes out and holds his breath as he waits for her answer. Ally turns beat red and looks away to hide her anger. He should be asking her.

Jealousy isn't her favorite thing, never has been.

No one notices how distraught Ally is. Like always. "Sure!" Tilly squeals and engulfs the son of The White Rabbit into a hug.

The thing is, Tilly wouldn't go with Walter if she knew about Ally's crush. She wouldn't do that to her friend. But no one knows about the love that Ally has for her best friend. She would rather die than admit it aloud.

While the daughter of the Mad Hatter awes over the Wonderland items her date brought for her, the daughter of Alice tells her friends goodbye and stalks back to her dorm room.

•••••

A gleeful Hatter is always a good Hatter. For a mad Hatter would be a bad Hatter, and bad Hatters call for sad Hatters.

Tarrant Hightopp's words stick with his daughter every day of her life. And probably will until the very day she dies.

Overcome with joy, Tilly sits in one of the school's limousines. She has discovered that this is her very own place for solitude. Sure, Reese isn't around much in the daytime, but that doesn't mean she doesn't want a place of her very own.

Besides, the limousines are stocked with candy. She loves candy, especially Wonderland candy. She loves tricking people into taking different types of candies and pastries to see what happens.

That is why Tilly is forbidden to give anyone anything edible of sorts anymore. One Carlos De VIl grows 5 times his size and suddenly there is a problem.

Just as she shoves a sour belt into her mouth, the door swings open. Her heart drops to her stomach with fright. So she does what she knows how to do best, she becomes invisible. A trick Cheshire taught her and Maddox when they both lived in Wonderland.

"Okay. Once we cross the bridge, park under the pier in the old garage. Got it?" Evie instructs as she gets in the back seat, sitting a little too close for Tilly's comfort. Carlos sits on the other side of Tilly, with Ben sitting beside him, and Jay driving. "Got it," Jay calls from the front and begins to drive away the school of Auradon.

The vehicle is quiet while the daughter of the Mad Hatter chews on the last remaining sour belt she had crammed into her sickly gray hands. But as the sourness takes a toll, she coughs, releasing the trick to keep her invisible.

"Oh, my tea trays, that is sour." She speaks and continues to chew, while the VKs and the King scream. Carlos jumps and hugs the seat Jay sits in, who manages to get the limousine back onto the magic road.

"Tilly! How did you get in here? Better yet, how long have you been in here?" Ben asks with his hand placed over his heart. The Hatter girl simply giggles at the expressions she managed to cause. "Time, time, time. I've been here since Walter asked me to Cotillion. So about 2:30ish." She explains and reaches to grab another sour belt from the glass jar.

"It's past curfew, Tills." Evie laughs at the orange haired girl's reaction. "Why were you in here?" Carlos asks, raising a brow. "Why are you here? And why are we headed for the Isle?" She asks as she leans forward to look out the front windshield.

Magic paves the way from Auradon to the Isle.

Tilly has never been to the Isle, her stomach swirls in knots at the thought of what lies there. Better yet, who lies there.

"We can't turn around, guys." Jay calls from the front.

The Hatter notices the exchange Evie gives Ben and Carlos before sighing. "Mal has gone back to the Isle. We are going to bring her back. We are going to try to get out of there quick and easy before anyone notices that we are there."

The three watch as the Wonderland girl contemplates this new information. Mal went back to the Isle? Okay, but why? She doesn't ask that, instead she simply leans forward to pick up her hat off the floor. Smashing it back on her head, flattening the unruly mane of curls, she gives her companions a wicked grin.

"I'm ready."