"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"I don't know," Bastet admitted. "You know I was only 20 when I married your father, I've spent half of my life in squalor."

"You don't look that old." (Y/N) gave her a side-eyed look.

"You get your genetics from me. I've traced my and consequently your ancestry back to a courtesan household in Ancient Egypt." Bastet smoked again, "We were born to be beautiful, to be admired, to be a prize."

(Y/N) stayed quiet for a moment, the words she was speaking were extremely evident in the way she saw life.

But he had to say something.

"That's a sad way to look at things." (Y/N) admitted, "You can't live life on a predetermined course, that's not living."

Bastet stayed quiet, she didn't really come to argue semantics with her son.

They didn't have nearly enough time for that.

The conversation descended into another lull after that, Bastet smoking being the only sound shared between either of them.

"I- Do you know what my proudest moment is? The one time in my life that I was truly happy?" Bastet asked suddenly.

(Y/N) scoffed out an answer, "It was marrying my father."

"No." Bastet threw her cigarette onto the floor, crushing it with her heels.

"It was... holding you in my arms the first time..." Bastet let out a smile, aimed at him, for the first time in... forever.

It made (Y/N) both icky and... well, sad.

He didn't even scoff this time, letting her continue.

"Everything was right in this god-damned world at that moment, the way your eyes sparkled as they saw me... so much trust..." Bastet sighed now, her smile dropping. "And I threw it all away... for what? For parties? For money? For success?"

(Y/N) stayed quiet yet again, he hated himself for wanting to comfort her, thankfully he retained control of his motor skills.

"I know I've hurt you. A lot. I don't ask for your forgiveness." Bastet continued, "I just need you to know..."

(Y/N)'s face however impassive, hid the swelling in his chest in anticipation.

"I'm proud of you, my son." She smiled again, the expression foreign on her face.

She moved her hand towards his cheek... (Y/N) flinched instinctively but did not stop her.

Bastet caressed her son's cheeks for a moment as if feeling him for the last time.

And then she withdrew her hand.

"I'm sorry... for everything." And then she turned around and started to leave.

(Y/N) had to ask, the woman was his mother whether he liked it or not.

"What's next for you?" (Y/N) asked, his hands still folded.

"The Himalayas, probably. You won't see me ever again," Bastet smirked her stoic expression back on her face.

(Y/N) nodded in acknowledgement and she started to leave again.

"Just don't... get hurt." (Y/N) said as Bastet stopped in her tracks... and then walked off.

(Y/N) sighed for the thousandth time today.

Lest he forget, his phone lit up once again.

He had been getting text messages from everyone.

And he meant everyone.

From the Avengers to people he had met like once in his life, to people he didn't even know.

_____

Gwen couldn't use her phone, frankly because of the amount of people trying to message her.

So many record labels had suddenly come forward and tried to offer her a deal.

It was all nauseating.

"Already bored of the high life, Mrs. (L/N)?" (Y/N) joked as he approached her.

"Hey... How'd it go with your mother?" Gwen asked cautiously.

"It was alright... Made me feel better at least..." (Y/N) answered as he offered her his hand which she hooked her arm around again.

The two walked outside and were greeted by flashes of bright lights.

It seems someone tipped off the media about the entire shebang.

"Fuck..." (Y/N) sighed, turning back towards the HQ.

"What? We gotta get out some way..." Gwen asked, a bit confused, but she followed him regardless.

"That's not our only mode of transportation, is it?" (Y/N) smirk spread onto Gwen's face.

_____

They were back in their house before the clock hit the next, stealthily avoiding the paparazzi that waited outside of their front door.

"Who the hell leaked our home address!?" Gwen angrily shouted, but not loud enough for the people outside to listen.

"I don't know... they probably asked around, these people are like vultures, Babe." (Y/N) sat on the bed watching as Gwen changed into something more comfortable.

WHAT UP HOMIES.

"Yo," Gwen replied, pulling (Y/N)'s T-shirt over her underwear.

DID I MISS SOMETHING WHILE I WAS READING A FEAST FOR CROWS? 

(Y/N) let out a sigh.

YOU'VE GOT TO READ THIS BOOK, BRO, THEY GOT CERSEI HAVING SEX WITH SOME TYROSHI WOMAN.

"Ew!" Gwen threw a pillow in (Y/N)'s direction who gave her a 'what did I do?' look. "Keep that to yourself, Noise!"

"First off, what page?" Gwen gave (Y/N) a withering look, "Second off, you did miss... a lot of things."

DON'T TELL ME YOU GOT LAID, CAUSE' THAT'S STRAIGHT-UP BULLSHIT.

"Gwen's right there." (Y/N) deadpanned. "And it's worse than that."

"He's a multi-billionaire now."

WHAT?

"I own Graythorne Inc. now..." (Y/N) let out a sigh, "Well, 70% of it."

...BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH!

The couple just drowned out the loud laughter with deep sighs.

YOU SERIOUS?

"Yes!" (Y/N) put his hands up in frustration.

WOW. HOLY... I-I DEMAND A MANSION ALL TO MYSELF.

"I'm not gonna spend a single penny." (Y/N) replied as Gwen took her place in the bed, beside him.

"Sooner or later, we have to decide what to do with money, babe." Gwen caressed his cheeks with her fingers.

(Y/N) let out a deep sigh...

WHATEVER YOU DO, GET ME THAT MANSION FIRST BITCH.

(Y/N)'s sigh deepened even further before a fond smile appeared on his face.

Never change Noise, Never change.

_____

NEXT TIME ON SPOODERMAN

WHAT WOULD SPIDER-MAN DO?