chapter six

Our faces with Eren were shocked, not expecting to see Jean there. I got my head up from Eren's shoulder and repositioned myself.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, without being able to hide my shock. Jean gave me a look as if it was obvious what he was doing. He pointed the park that was ahead of us and shrugged.

"Smoking."

If my face could shape different forms, it would be shaped as a question mark at that point. Why didn't he go back after leaving me and decided to smoke in some random park under bad weather conditions?

"You two must get your eyes checked. How did you not see my car parked around the corner?"

Eren got up in frustration.

"Why the fuck will we notice your car dude?"

Great, it was time for me to have flashbacks from their fights. Nothing had changed about those appearently.

"Cause you see it every day, Birdie." Jean said, without losing his temper. He was as steady as a rock.

"I'll show you Birdie." Eren started to get ready for a fight, which made me laugh. They both looked at me like I was some crazy girl.

"What? You guys are funny." I said, my remark made them more upset then they were before.

"Come on, let's go." I said, and started walking away towards my building without waiting for their response. I smiled with victory once I heard their unhappy foot-steps behind me. I could hear them whispering, still fighting.

Once we arrived at the door of the building I stopped and turned to them.

"What do you guys want to do?" I asked, not quite sure what was the response I was waiting for.

"We could still go hang out with others." Eren said. I checked the time from my phone. It was almost 11pm. I yawned.

"It was a long day, and I have a ton of classwork for me to do tomorrow, so I don't really want to go. You could come upstairs though." I said, but I had no idea what we would do if they chose to come.

"We're going, get some rest." Jean said, putting an end to the conversation. Eren looked at me, he wasn't happy Jean had said the final answer but once he saw how tired I was he agreed to leave, so we said our goodbye's with Eren, earning an eyeroll from Jean, and they left. I went upstairs, took a relaxing bath and went into my bed, to hug the beautiful arms of sleep. The next day was rather a calm one. I got up around elevenish, saw that Hitch left for practice and watched the latest TV show that I started, as well as finishing my school work before another long week. While eating dinner, I checked instagram and saw Mikasa's story which she was with Armin, with a caption of a simple heart emoji. I smiled, seeing them being close was always heart-warming and I knew Armin needed all the support he got.

As I was washing dishes, I got a notification, alerting that I was added to a groupchat. Eren created a group, including me, Sasha, Connie, Mikasa, Jean, and Armin. I sighed, knowing this wasn't their main chat and felt like an outsider, even though I've been added to a groupchat, knowing this was a second one made me feel sad. No one texted anything there all night, which only made me feel worse, but I tried not to think too much about it, at least I now knew Eren wanted me to be actually involved with them.

**

It was the beginning of another week, a week that I didn't know what to expect from. As I went into Mr Ackerman's classroom, I found Colt sitting next to my usual place, waving at me. I smiled and sat next to him, exchanging regular good-mornings.

"Were you and Jean able to finish his homework?" His question took me aback, I completely forgot about that excuse that we told them. But I kept my face straight.