I See You Everywhere

Matt Rempe
492 words
Not requested

Matt Rempe and the Rangers. y/n hates them. I mean, she has no reason to like them being that she's a devils fan, but even if she wasn't, she'd hate them anyway. Or she'd try.

Rempe makes it tough when she's sitting front row and his eyes are on her during warm ups. She's wearing her favorite jersey, Jack Hughes. She watched as Rempe skated out on the ice for warm ups, making a few laps before stopping across the ice from her, watching her.

There's something about his eyes. There's a look of longing, but he's proud as if he's already got what he wanted. He wants her.

Then there's a puck flying over the glass, right to y/n. Meet me after the game - rempe.

No fucking way.

...

There he was in all of his glory, leaning against the wall and looking at his phone. y/n, who was still in her devils jersey, slowly walked closer to him. Suddenly she thought, what if this is some kind of trap and he's going to start using her? She doesn't know what he'd use her for, but she bet he could figure something out. Then he looked up.

And smiled.

"Hey Devils girl." Rempe smiled. The look on his face was so genuine that y/n couldn't think of any reason for this to go wrong. She smiled back.

"Rempe. Glad you didn't injure my entire roster this game." Rempe must have thought she was joking, but she wasn't. He laughed quietly at her comment before speaking again.

"Are you always at the rangers/devils games? I swear I see you everywhere, there's just something about that... that makes me want to see you more." Rempe admitted. y/n's eyes widened at the truth in his words. She'd thought she would have to work a little bit harder to find his motive for meeting her.

"What can I say? I love a good rivalry... and there's someone on the rangers that just makes me want to go," y/n smirks, "don't know if you know him, number 73." Rempe rolled his eyes before taking another step forward.

"I bet I could set you up with him. Actually, I think he's mentioned your beauty and knowledge of the game a couple times." He thinks she's beautiful. She's never heard that before, especially from someone as famous as an NHL player.

"Well, there's more to me than knowing hockey." y/n smiles while looking up at Rempe. He hums before answering.

"I'd love to get to know you, the you outside of hockey." Rempe smiles. y/n breaks eye contact by looking down at the ground.

"I could say the same thing." She spoke softly, "maybe you could even get me to wear a rangers jersey to a game one day.." Rempe smirked down at her.

"I'll even get you down on the ice with me when we win the Stanley cup."