Chapter Twenty

Piper's Pov
My anxiety for the first time in months was bad. I was nervous still it was rushing through my body. I kept Bella close to me. It felt a little odd to be feeling her warmth going through my own skin again. It was missed deeply.

We rode down in an elevator.
riding down We ended up back in the dungeon-like area.

The smaller blonde hair and red-eyes of Jane's met my own as she smirked a little at me. All of us walking into a throne looking area were the three thrones sat.

"Sister, I ask you to bring back one and you bring back four, clever girl." I heard Alec call with a small smirk across his face they were so smug.

She gave him a bored look like none of this was interesting at all. "Ah! Young Bella is alive at last, I sure do love a happy ending. They are so rare." The sudden voice exclaiming loudly. I kept Bella at my side focusing on Aro's excited form moving fast towards us in long strides.

He gave me a small creepy smile reaching down to grab at Bella's hand. I felt tense shifting my eyes a little.

I watched as he focused in. I could hear Bella's heart racing while she shifted her brown eyes to look into my eyes, then back at Aro. He let a small gasp out looking towards me.

"Remarkable little human you are Bella, I can't read you." He breathed out. His red stared at her looking at her in awe. So no one could use their powers on her? That's so strange.

"She's still human none the less, Aro. She knows too much."Caius snapped sending her more glares.

"Indeed she is Caius it's very dangerous." Aro cooed out looking over towards Jane. I knew that look, it was of terror and a pleasant look of fear.

"Don't touch her!" I exclaimed out. My body had moved on instinct in front of Bella pulling her back. I caught wind of her eyes growing wide.

I felt the ripples in my body of extreme pain causing me to crumble up. I gripped at my stomach trying not to let the pain sounds out as Jane looked at me a small a resting on her lips. "Pain." She breathed out. I gasped out.

"No! Oh my god please leave her alone, stop!" Bella screamed out begging dropping down next to me trying to grab at me and hold me from pain. I couldn't have reacted quickly to use Alec's power to take away my sense of feeling.

"Jane," Aro called again and she looked away looking at Aro. "Master." She called out like she wasn't a terror to society.

"Are you alright?" She whispered to me slowly helping me up. I gave her a soft look gently holding at her again. I should have fed, I can't do anything this weak. In those few minutes of Jane trying her power on Bella and nothing happening I was ready to leave.

"What shall we do?" Aro teased out holding his hands a little such a child he was looking between everyone for answers.

"You know what we have to do, she knows too much." Caius snapped once again sitting up further to glare at me once more.

"Make haste." Marcus finally commented on something.

"Felix," Aro called It was like I was listening through one ear and not the other. I used my vampire speed at Felix. The both of us crashing at a blink of a human's eye.

A whole bunch of emotions was running through me. I needed to protect her. I didn't do so back then and look what it had caused us.

"No! Please, I'm begging you to stop." Her screams rushing through. She was running towards the stairs in a fit of rage and fear. I felt my neck being grabbed roughly being pinned down to the floor.

I strained to focus quickly. Like my skull was about to be ripped right then and there.

"Kill me.. Not her, just don't hurt her I'm begging you please. I love her." Bella's voice was all that waa able to bring me back in thay moment.

"Really?" Aro breathed out in confusion slowly making his way towards where she stood. "You'd die for this soulless monster like us?" He pondered glancing at towards her like a lost puppy.

"You don't understand her soul, you know nothing about her soul or mine." The snap of her voice harsh to Aro it was like staring the devil In the eyes.

"Don't touch her. " I strained out again. I struggled against Felix's strength

"Wait! Bella becomes one of us. I've seen it, by next spring on her eighteen birthday." Alice suddenly cries out struggling against Demetri this seemed to intrigue Aro.

He let her go walking over to Alice watching her slip the glove off and place her hand in his.

"Amazing, watching what you've seen before it even happens." He whispered slowly breaking away from his daze. He focused on her before looking at me and Bella with thought.

"Let them go, will meet again Bella we shall see you as a young newborn." Aro called out with a small smile going back to sit in his throne.

It was such a strange sight because they acted as if this fight just didn't happen. I had stood up when Felix let me go. I shoved his side slightly making my way over to Bella.

"Demetri will see you out. " Was the final words that echoed out from the throne room.

I sent a glare around before I placed my arm around Bella's waist, Alice grabbing at her shoulders as we started to leave. Bella was watching as the group of tourist started coming inside. I gently urged for her not to focus on it bringing her head towards my own giving her a gentle kiss.

I had her back that's all that mattered to me.