III. SHOPPING (2/2)

CHPT. SUM. : so many stores are left on the list, the boys finally eat delicious food outside, detours are a natural endeavour and you meet a collection of interesting shopkeepers. what a day~

LENGTH : 10k

TAGS : fluff ; fun day out ; sirius and regulus being precious ; they're just kids ; reader is mother of the year ; reverse comfort ; OC ; visions ; original walburga makes an appearance ; she doesn't stay long though ; money isn't a problem ;) ; domestic fluff ; sibling fluff between sirius and regulus ; marauders fix it fic

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Two what?" Sirius asks, your attention snapping towards him and breaking contact with the grey-haired man standing before you.

"Do you need a new wand too, Mother?" Regulus speaks up from your other side, swiftly following after his older brother. It was clear from the differences in their elocution that they differed greatly. One was much louder, with a sharp tongue and an audacious attitude to boot; the other was of a more gentle demeanour, equipped with a clever mind and observant eyes.

Mr Ollivander leans back with an amused smile waiting to see how you'd react and whose question you'd answer first.

"The two of us need wands today, Sirius," you hum, hoping your nerves don't show through in your voice as you switch between the two. It was adorable how similar their curious looks appeared when staring up at you.

"Why is that?" your eldest asks curiously, the question reflecting similarly in your youngest's eyes.

"My wand appears to be having some problems lately and, well," you raise your gaze to meet eyes with the wand artisan behind the counter, "I was hoping Mr Ollivander could help the two of us today," the light streaming in from the windows above reflects off Ollivander's grey hair to create a glowing outline encircling him. His peculiar portrait reminds you of how idiosyncratic he is, like a living ghost who's able to touch superior levels of magic and wonder. It's mysteriously intriguing but just as harrowing too. He was able to deduce so much after so short of an interaction, after all. You stare at him silently, a gentle prompt to help you and your eldest son with your homogenous need for a new wand.

"I like to focus on one client at a time," the look he gives you offers up the decision of who should go first to be made by your small family.

Before you can say anything, Sirius speaks up with a light dusting of pink on his cheeks, "Ladies first, Mother," he announces politely and your heart melts at his consideration. You coo and awe at his gesture while dropping down to his height where you press a loving kiss to his forehead.

"Thank you, my darling. You're such a gentleman," Sirius beams at your praise as Regulus meets his eyes to the right of you and grins widely. The two easily share in the small joys they've been able to experience around you. They don't want to seem rude so the two of them secretly cheer at the headache you suffered to be able to change this drastically, "However," you comb your fingers through his hair lovingly, "you're the star of the show today. Why don't you go first, my dear?"

Sirius doesn't refute, too distracted and pink-cheeked by your affection to do anything but nod. He then turns to Ollivander, who smiles down at him kindly. The oddness surrounding the wand artisan, however, cannot be missed and Sirius is cautious to proceed forward.

"Your name, young man?"

"Sirius Black,"

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sirius. Please step behind the counter and we can get started on finding you the perfect wand, shall we?" Sirius glances one more time over his shoulder and observes the encouraging nod you give him; his heart calming from the reassuring pat you give atop his head. Another moment passes before he is led behind the counter by Ollivander. The elderly wizard proceeds to give him a short once-over before disappearing between two ceiling-tall shelves, stacked full of stored wands.